OT: Does anyone have a Treasury Direct account
2008-06-13 20:43:47 UTC
I was wondering if anyone has ever bought anything through
www.treasurydirect.gov The reason I ask is they want a social
security number and I am not comfortable with that. It's a government
account though?
B14
do it @
chip1057
2008-06-13 23:19:08 UTC
If it's legit, I would do it. Direct deposit is great for the refund
checks and the stimulus check.

Chip://groups.yahoo.clom/\group/autographdc
account though?
Sue H
2008-06-13 23:56:16 UTC
I just don't like the idea of my driver's license and social security
number on there... but the good thing is you can buy I-Bonds, EE
Bonds, CD's and other sucn products and instead of paper, you can
actually view the interest and trade online etc. With paper bonds,
you are out if you have a fire etc and also, you don't ever get
statements etc. So I am torn...

account though?
Jade
2008-06-14 02:04:29 UTC
It is the US Treasury, so yes, it's the federal government.
account though?
DougzInBoston
2008-06-28 13:02:18 UTC
I was wondering if anyone has ever bought anything throughwww.treasurydirect.gov The reason I ask is they want a social
security number and I am not comfortable with that.  It's a government
account though?
I've opened an account, but I haven't bought anything yet.