WHAT THE FU^%! Ebay Feedback?????????
2008-05-20 15:13:51 UTC
What the freakin' hell is going on?????? Yesterday I had 99.9%
feedback and a rating of 666 positives and one negative (lifetime
negative from a jerk who I left bad feedback for... never got the
item.... and retracted the good and left bad feedback).

today, I go in and have 724 positive feedbacks, and one bad one
still.... but my rating is 98.4????????????????????????

WHAT THE FU.......

People tell me what the hell is going on.
Sue H
2008-05-20 15:42:29 UTC
Everyone... if your score was LOWERED unjustly like mine was, I urge
you to send a letter to Ebay and tell them you will NOT use Ebay till
your feedback is cleared to 100%.

I am boycotting them. No more for me... I am sick of their crap.
Sam Jaber
2008-05-20 16:45:21 UTC
i've been saying lets all boycott ebay!
Shane
2008-05-21 01:06:27 UTC
I already closed my account permanently on Sunday, May 19.
Sue H
2008-05-20 22:50:57 UTC
I asked them to close mine today. I know there are many startup sites
doing auctions now for much more reasonable prices and are growing. I
may seek those out instead. I guess I am small as I only buy/sell
about 100 things a year. Ebay sucks. Glad you feel the same. I feel
so cheated...
Calrima@aol.com
2008-05-20 23:10:38 UTC
Hello Sue,

What happened is that EBAY is doing your feedback percent based on
the last 12 months ONLY. This raised mine from 99.9 to 100%, and
sadly lowered a friends to 97.6 from his 99%.

With respect,

Dennis

My Group.......
2008-05-20 23:21:25 UTC
It's wrong... even with excluding my and your friend's problem and
Ebay being unfair with the feedback (for example today I saw a guy who
got a negative ACCIDENTALLY as the buyer gave positive comments yet
clicked the button marked negative accidentally.... it STILL counted
towards his feedback for a negative and lowered his score; that's
UNFAIR).

Think of it this way. ... you now can't even give a neutral because a
neutral is now a negative! For example, I received a book today that
took three weeks to get here. It WAS media mail and I left the guy a
positive, but that's a long time still. A less patient person may
have left a neutral. My friend once had a newbie leave him a negative
three days after an auctions end because they did not receive the item
right away. Back at that time, first class mail or priority was 2-3
days, so end of day three, he got a bad feedback! The box arrived the
next day due to no fault of my friend and he was penalized for that.
People are jerks sometimes; so now you can't even be honest.

And get this. Someone can rip off a bunch of people on large items
and have not all bad feedback but say sold 20 items (18 of them small
and two LARGE $ items...) and ripped the two large amounts off as a
scam. In a matter of months, his record is expunged and he's free to
do it all over again. You will now see MORE ripping off. Today a
friend had his raised too just like yours had (he had 2 negatives,
about 13-15 months ago).

Some people are happy and some not. What bugs me the most is neutrals
are negative???????? Isn't a neutral neither good nor bad? Doesn't
that mean whatever the problem was was resolved somewhat? So nobody
got ripped off then. So why does it count against you? Am I the only
one upset about this? Ridiculous in my opinion.

I would never sell on Ebay anymore anyway. It's just toooooo
expensive and Ebay doesn't resolve problems, confirm addresses and do
what is needed. It's a poor place now for sales and now apparently to
buy too.
Gummby3
2008-05-21 00:12:50 UTC
It's just the latest alteration in Ebay's attempt to create a fantasy
land where their sellers can do no wrong and the buyers are always
wrong. Not being able to post negatives just adds to the fantasy.
Nobody complains, so there is nothing bad going on within the confines
of the "empire". My feedback has been 99.8% for years now, and it was
rightly so. I became very sick and did not pay for an item that I
received. It was worked out with the seller and all was good. I now,
miraculously, have 100%. While it looks good on my side, how is that
an accurate reflection on me as a buyer/seller? IMO, Ebay has fallen
so far down in quality, I will most likely cancel my account too.
What was once a great site to buy and sell with average people has now
become nothing more than a corporate sell-out. I'll most likely deal
with smaller sites like Bidville. They are not even close in size to
Ebay, but that's a good thing in their favor.
--
Mike
Gummby3
chip1057
2008-05-21 03:28:17 UTC
Is there any where better than eBay to hold auctions? That uses
PayPal?

Chip
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/autographdc
Gummby3
2008-05-21 09:04:50 UTC
I really doubt it considering Ebay owns PayPal. That's another
negative against them. On top of them scalping the sellers on fees
coming and going, Ebay also gets a percentage if you use PayPal.
That's not saying that someone with an account can not use it on rival
auction sites. At least I wouldn't think it would be a problem. It
would just mean that Ebay is making money on other auctions not on
their site too...
PayPal?
Sue H
2008-05-21 13:27:09 UTC
Most places use pay pal now... alas, Pay Pal is part of Ebay.

One thing for people to watch for when using Pay Pal too (I may
experiencing repurcussions right now 'cause of it) is Unconfirmed
addresses. If you sell to a person with an unconfirmed address, there
is no way to take action against them or get refunded. And if the
purchase was through Ebay, it's a LOT worse, as you can get bad
feedback etc. on top of it.

Max@MGMemorabilia
2008-05-21 17:25:29 UTC
Post by Sue H
Most places use pay pal now... alas, Pay Pal is part of Ebay.
One thing for people to watch for when using Pay Pal too (I may
experiencing repurcussions right now 'cause of it) is Unconfirmed
addresses. If you sell to a person with an unconfirmed address, there
is no way to take action against them or get refunded. And if the
purchase was through Ebay, it's a LOT worse, as you can get bad
feedback etc. on top of it.
There is actually something called expanded seller protection now on Paypal
and it means there is no more verified address thing.

You just have to sign up
Shane
2008-05-22 02:34:07 UTC
"***@MGMemorabilia" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5WYYj.102640> There is actually something called expanded seller
protection now on Paypal and it means there is no more verified address
thing. You just have to sign up

Great, another eBay/PayPal cheerleading sockpuppet.
1. You have to be a PowerSeller.
2. You have to receive an official invitation from PayPal before you are
permitted to sign up for expanded seller protection.
3. Parcels have to be sent fully insured with signature confirmation and
some countries have no such thing as signature confirmation.
4. You agree to allow PayPal to peddle your personal information to
affiliates (it's in the fine print).
Sue H
2008-05-22 00:47:45 UTC
I wonder how the new system affects what is a power seller. I'll
never be one, so in effect, I am screwed; probably like most people.
Ebay is NOT for regular people. They're trying to out people who do
less than a thousand transactions a year I bet. Trying to make it a
place where only "huge" wholesalers peddling fake goods and mass
produced items will ever thrive.

I hope Ebay goes bankrupt. I hope people start filing class action
lawsuits and I hope those who don't see the problems soon do.

I got a response to my request to close my account... they didn't do
it and sent out an email (autogenerated) that didn't address either of
my two sentences... I wrote I was unhappy with their poor feedback
system and please remove me. I got this long crap back that had
absolutely nothing to do with my email. Ebay just is problematic and
a lot of people are not doing their jobs correctly.
Shane
2008-05-22 04:18:53 UTC
Post by Sue H
I got a response to my request to close my account... they didn't do
it
That's strange. I didn't have any problem closing my account last Sunday.
If you can't close your account, then you might want to change all of your
personal information so nobody can hijack your account and put the blame on
you. Definitely detach your PayPal account from your eBay account and maybe
even go close the PayPal account?
Sue H
2008-05-22 02:32:08 UTC
Post by Shane
Post by Sue H
I got a response to my request to close my account... they didn't do
it
That's strange. I didn't have any problem closing my account last Sunday.
If you can't close your account, then you might want to change all of your
personal information so nobody can hijack your account and put the blame on
you. Definitely detach your PayPal account from your eBay account and maybe
even go close the PayPal account?
I'm torn about the Pay Pal account; it's convenient for other
things... sometimes I feel like they got you no matter what.
Infuriating. I think I'll just leave the account till it's 100%
feedback and then decide if I want to keep it. I won't be using it
for months that's for sure. Their loss. I'm not going to affect
their bottom line but it's the principle of the thing.
chip1057
2008-05-20 23:46:58 UTC
Post by Sue H
I asked them to close mine today. I know there are many startup sites
doing auctions now for much more reasonable prices and are growing.  I
may seek those out instead.  I guess I am small as I only buy/sell
about 100 things a year.  Ebay sucks.  Glad you feel the same.  I feel
so cheated...
I'm not surprised, because eBay had alerted that all past feedbacks
were going to be retrieved, and added
to the score. I saw I have 195 positive with 100% positive feedback.

I'm not going to boycot eBay due to their decisions. I'm going to
still use them until their fees become
really bad.

Chip
Post by Sue H
Post by Shane
I already closed my account permanently on Sunday, May 19.
i've been saying lets all boycott ebay!- Hide quoted text -
2008-05-21 00:03:09 UTC
Or perhaps till something unfair happens to you. A lot of people
happy now ... but the whole system NOT ferreted out yet. The problems
will mount. Of that I'm sure. I'll look forward to others views as
time goes on.

KM
2008-05-22 09:40:24 UTC
Post by Shane
I already closed my account permanently on Sunday, May 19.
You are not alone there....Mind you it takes something like 2 weeks for the
account to fully close. Its not really a quick process

Shane
2008-05-21 01:05:48 UTC
Sue, eBay doesn't care. I heard they are deliberately trying to force small
sellers from the site by attrition, via their new unfriendly policies. They
are aiming at becoming more of an online mall, having only sellers that are
major stores/businesses or that sell more than 1,000 items per month.
ali g
lets all boycott sue !!
pe2
2008-05-21 03:57:53 UTC
Yeah, mine went to 303. I was at 280 something. go figure....
Sue H
2008-05-21 13:40:44 UTC
because they now count if you win several items from the same person
you get credit for each item instead one one from one person you
bought 10 things from.

Consider this scenario (I keep thinking of them because there's soooo
much potential for problems now). If you bought 10 items from one
person and they rip you off.... and you leave them 10 negatives, they
can now leave YOU 10 negatives and ruin your score 10 fold! Or if you
sell 10 things to someone and they thought you were not that great
(slow shipping, high priced shipping, slow communication) they can
leave you 10 neutrals and ruin your business....

I am just saying for those who are happy now, that all it's going to
take to make you upset is ONE bad transaction. It's going to be
mortifying for you. All it'll take is one unreasonable person. Oh
and the less you buy/sell in a year, the worst your problem with be
with one neutral or negative. You'd literally have to sell (do the
math) 990 items to have 99% to rid yourself of 10 bad/neutrals. and
999 to get to 99.9%. If you do 50 items a year and have ONE neutral?
you will have a 98%. 25 items and one nuetral? 96.1 will be your
feedback. 10 items and one neutral? 90%. It may be they're after
"more realistic scores" but for the first year or more, a lot of
people are not going to get this and be p/o'd. I remember a similar
thing happening in the military where they had inflated EPR's
(enlisted performance reports which don't get you a pay raise, but are
everything when it comes to higher rank promotions for E-7 and above).
They went from a 5 category to a 9 category and changed the wording to
"honestly reflect reality". The result? People in that first year,
lost out big time; reviewers didn't promote many that should have.
THey'd score high on the test portion, have the assignment/letters
from Generals and medals, but because of the EPR's being "accurate"
where they got 5-8's, mainly, people looked bad on paper. Oh and
after that year? Boss's starting inflating those scores too... giving
only 8's and 9's with a "BAD" candidated getting 7's. It's a damned
joke. Just like Ebay. Just like these "stimulus checks". They put a
band-aid to solve a problem that only makes it continue or be worse!

Please people, report back here your experiences. Good or bad. I'd
love to be proven wrong.
Max@MGMemorabilia
2008-05-21 17:26:40 UTC
Post by Sue H
because they now count if you win several items from the same person
you get credit for each item instead one one from one person you
bought 10 things from.
Consider this scenario (I keep thinking of them because there's soooo
much potential for problems now). If you bought 10 items from one
person and they rip you off.... and you leave them 10 negatives, they
can now leave YOU 10 negatives and ruin your score 10 fold! Or if you
sell 10 things to someone and they thought you were not that great
(slow shipping, high priced shipping, slow communication) they can
leave you 10 neutrals and ruin your business....
Only feedback from the same seller spread out over 2 weeks is counted. If
someone leaves you 10 negs on the same day then it only counts as one same
with Positives,