Collecting Autographs
r***@gmail.com
2008-05-05 17:00:08 UTC
Hello!!!

I'm kinda new to collecting and I have two items that I bought approx.
10 years ago when I was in high school. I was wondering if someone
might be able to go about helping me figure out the value of the two.
I figured why not after all this time see what the two were worth...

Here are the items I have (both with authentication certificates):

1) It Could Happen to You (Movie) w/ movie premiere bill. It's
framed and matted, has version of the movie poster in it. There a
plate with the movie name and premiere date. There is also envelope
framed in it as well with the the following signatures:

Nicholas Cage, Bridget Fonda, Tony Bennett Eric Stoltz, Marissa Tomey,
(there may be more can't remember off top of my head.

2) Jesus Christ Superstar. I have the movie poster it is purple with
the standard movie graphic and information. All the original cast
members (Ted Needly, etc.. approx 30) have all signed the movie
posters in a gold sharpee marker.

Any ideas or direction you could point me as to getting more
information on the value of these I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sue H
2008-05-05 18:30:22 UTC
Just because they are frames and have a plaque doesn't mean they are
legit, so the value could be 0. Without authentication of the
signatures, it has no value unless you try to pawn it off on Ebay.

Assuming all the signatures are right, and the poster is first run and
all in perfect condition, I would think it's worth a few hundred MAX
to the right bidder (few meaning 3-4). Most understand posters are
the most widely forged of items, so less people interested. Also, the
movies aren't that popular, so value could be down because of that.
Couple big names, but not HUGE in today's pop culture world so you
aren't going to be rich from these.

I'd think possibly the second one might be a more appealing thing to
real hard core collectors if legit and in pristeen, original
condition.

there really is no place to point you. Best thing for you to do is
list your items as is with all the information you can get about it
(who you got it from, how much you got it for, and all about condition
and run of the poster etc). More info means more dollars. Honesty is
best as even if you don't know a lot, more people are willing to take
a chance on an honest person than one who doesn't have a lot of info.
You should research and compare sigs youself or seek other collectors
to look at it for you and gather opinions.

autographs aren't what they once were. There are relatively few items
that are worth hundreds or thousands of dollars.

As for value, you'll get what you sell it for and that's the value!
Someone can quote you a value of a thousand dollars, but if the thing
is only worth 200-300 which is what it'll probably sell for, my guess
is that's the value. People are gonna pay what it's worth. If you
don't want to "lose" too much, I'd suggest you list it for the price
you will be ok with letting it sell for. In other words, don't list
it for 99 cents and be disappointed you got 99 cents for it. If you
are ok with 200, then list it for 200 and settle in your mind that's
probably what you'll get. If you get more, you'll be pretty happy
that way.

PS Keep the premiere bill with the poster and sell together; it's
better to have groupings.
barefoot
2008-05-05 18:53:56 UTC
email me scan/ pictures of the signatures (not the items, but the
signatures) on the it could happen to you poster...i know all those
people pretty well..i may be in the market for something like
that..the jesus christ superstar, i don't know what to do with
broadway types, sorry i can't help you there.