Chiller Theater-Sunday
Zoom
2008-10-28 01:46:53 UTC
This Chiller Theater was a bit of a dissapointment.Prices were higher than
last April's show,most people were getting 30 bucks for a signed photo,plus
$15 to use your own camera
to get a photo op.I guess in their world there is not a bad economy.Burt
Reynolds cancelled a few days before,jerking around many that paid in
advance,although they offered refunds,as did Patty Duke and a few
others.Leslie Nielsen had the longest line,he is 82 yrs old so I guess he
signs very slow.We checked his line several times and finally gave up.
The tent outside had the less popular people,Barry Williams,The
Sweathogs,Kip Winger,Jamie Lunar ect...Most of them did not have any sort of
a line,which makes me wonder why they didn't lower the prices.I would rather
sell more for less,guess they don't agree.I ran into Ed Asner in the
bathroom,he was pretty cool,he was leaving early (2:00),sucks if you showed
up after that looking for him.
pe2
2008-10-27 22:53:49 UTC
Great story, Zoom.

The reason celebs don't lower their prices is because of eBay. If I would
have been mainly interested in Burt Reynolds, but glad I didn't go now.

Happy hunting-
Sue H
2008-10-28 19:43:59 UTC
I know someone who got told he couldn't get in as the fire marshall
said it was too filled up. He had taken a train for an hour and a
half to get there and was bummed. Plus with Reynolds cancelling, I am
sure that bummed some people out. Oh well.
casdon
2008-11-12 15:57:41 UTC
My wife and I decided to take a last minute trip to the Chiller
Theatre show in NJ. We left northern Va around 3:30 am and got there
around 9:00am. We were able to get a room in the Hampton Inn, which
was connected to the Hilton. We had pre-show ticket. There was the
usual controlled chaos. We were hoping to get Rene Auberjonois'
autograph on a program. He acted in DC in The Imaginary Invalid.
Chiller Theatre had some of the guests in the main lobby and the line
was very long, so my wife waited in the line for over hour and half to
find out that he and James Darren had canceled. This was one problem
I wish Chiller would fix. If a guest cancels, please POST this
information some where so people don't have to waste time looking for
them. The first autograph I got was Robert Culp and for his age he
looked terrific. He signed my DVD cover of I Spy, season 1. The next
one on my list was Barbara Steele, famed Scream Queen. We first
noticed her walking into the restaurant as we were leaving. She
didn't look very happy (not sure if it was the crowds or what). I
tracked her down (she was not in the room that they had published; she
was in the tent) to have her sign my DVD cover of Black Sunday from
the Bava collection. Her stuff was there, but she was not! I asked
the helper and she didn't know where she was. The helper was trying
to phone her, as there was a line for her. I waited around and got
Sean Kenney on a one sheet of the Corpse Grinders. He played
Christopher Pike in Star Trek after Jeffrey Hunter refused to do the
show. By this time my wife told me that Rene had canceled, so I asked
her to check and see if Barbara Steele was at her table. I went to
locate get Angie Dickinson and there was a long line for her. Finally
I got in to see her. She surprised me as she was taking her time to
talk to each and everyone in her line and pose for pictures. She
asked me if I saw the show Policewomen, as she was signing the DVD
cover and I said yes. I told her that I looked forward to the next
set. She said not to on it, as the set didn't sell well. The next
season may not come out. In the same room with her was Morgan
Fairchild and Linda Evans. I got Morgan's autograph. My wife was
able to get Barbara as she was back at her table. I got Darian Cane
on two items, a DVD cover of Mistress Frankenstein and insert of
Erotic Survivor, two signatures for $10.00, the cheapest of the day.
I also got playmate Audrey Lynn, Miss Oct 2003 and lastly Ace Frenley
of Kiss. His line started when the show opened and he was not
scheduled to show up until Noon. By the time we saw him, it was 4:30
pm and there was no line. We got a picture signed. All in all, I had
a good time. The Chiller Theatre seemed to have cut back on some
things from past shows, like the movies and the Q&A's. One final
note, as we trying to figure out who else to see, we saw Barbara
Steele in the lobby area with her stuff heading for the door!! It was
around 3:00 pm very strange. We ate at the restaurant at the hotel,
Ruth Chris steak house. It was fantastic! Most of the stars were
charging around $20.00 for autographs. The highest charge was for
Angie and Morgan autographs, $40.00 a piece.
Post by Zoom
[...]
up after that looking for him.- Hide quoted text -