Xlist guy
2008-05-02 15:05:27 UTC
I am always affirmed when a person on the Xlist returns in the form of
another Ebayer/customer getting scammed by the same people.

This time, two Ebayers were scammed the same way. Andys.soulbox
ripped them off for 600 pounds and 2,000 pounds respectively. The
second person scammed out of 2,000 pounds emailed and said another
Ebayer emailed him and told him not to pay; but the guy had JUST made
payment and was unable to take it back apparently. And I remember
getting slammed before sticking up for those who emailed the bidders
and you all wanted that ability taken OUT of the Ebay system.

The sad thing is these new private ID's make it hard to contact the
bidder... Ebay again, is not letting it's own customers do the right
thing.... let US be the police; we are better than they are.

anwyay, Reminder to all to check the Xlist before buying and to
remember that even old ID's are still good. Apparently, this guy has
a cohort who is doing the same thing using an old ID... so give me all
the info; old or not. Who can afford to lose 2,000 pounds? Not me!

Stay clear of andys.soulbox. Check past ID's, check feedback,
research if you can who you buy from. ESPECIALLY if it's over 100
bucks!
barefoot
2008-05-05 10:41:11 UTC
did you put strickler on there yet?
barefoot
2008-05-07 16:10:51 UTC
hey sue, i have 2 more people to put on your x list...

http://www.autographsamerica.com
http://www.neautograph.com/

ne autographs was called out on the darkside on anthony daniel's
website, and he responded with the standard pic taken like 20 years
ago of him signing photos...everything this guy has got is fake.

autographsamerica has a JOKE of a site with complete beatles,
traveling wilburys, a nirvana/pearl jam combo guitar etc...they have
tons of signed movie albums too...all completely finished by all the
actors and actresses in the movies. and the forgeries are BAD...makes
strikler look like a genius. and almost all his signed guitars are the
SAME guitar.

ok..i know your x list is compiled mostly of ebayers...but when i go
to myspace or this newsgroup, these are highlighted companies that
dares you to click on them. isn't that worse than ebay?
mike
barefoot
2008-05-07 16:26:37 UTC
in fact, when i open my myspace page, both of these companies are the
HEADLINING item at the top...like and iron man promotion or an Art
Institute advertisement.
Mr Black
2008-05-08 09:24:42 UTC
unfortunately, not suprising
Sue H
2008-05-08 14:46:42 UTC
As for these, I have some rules I follow to be responsible for that
list. First I need a complaint (what you have here) but preferably,
I'd like to see someone who's actually bought something.... because
online verses in person items (seeing them that is) is quite different
sometimes.

Second, I look at the people and items. From there I determine if
there's anything I can definitely agree with, with no hesitation. If
not, I don't do anything except research a little about them for other
complaints. If some, I will put them on the watch list. If not, I'll
file their name in my saves and wait for a complaint.

If the items I determine to be bad, I will research the person...
check for things like people complaining on other sites, bad feedback,
changing of ID's, and sometimes I go further and email them as a
customer to see where they got the items and I ask other info (COA's,
how long they've been selling, where they are etc). If stuff doesn't
jive, I will without another complaint, immediately put them on the
watch list with them being upgraded with another complaint comes in.

As for complaints coming in, I have to have verified email addresses
etc. I will not get a complaint say from you and then a couple days
later get another one in from a hotmail, yahoo gmail or some odd
account that I can't Google and find out who they are. The rationale
for that is because some people are angry and want to get back at
people.

Last I looked, this is a country where people are innocent until
proven guilty. That watch list is kind of like the trial.... you are
shown for a potential criminal and in most cases probably are, but
we've just not gotten the positive evidence yet. SOLID proof. Not
just all circumstantial. Now I will add people for circumstantial...
because on the net it's all you can do. But it has to be SEVERAL
factors to be on there. Not just a complaint.

mike
barefoot
2008-05-08 15:59:51 UTC
i understand...
but someone who has all the most popular movie posters signed, and ALL
of them...it should at least raise a flag that makes you think...did
you look at these two places?
mike
Sue H
2008-05-13 17:30:54 UTC
After a quick look I have to pass on the first one. Some of the sigs
look ok (one looks actually secretarial to me... that Frank Oz one)
but some look ok. I personally would not buy from them though. Too
much ify stuff. I am not into the music sigs (being able to verify
very little if any) so I don't have enough. On the other one. after a
look, it's hard to see the small items but on that Potter, it's
definately all fake. I see other fakes on there and a lot of them as
well as double checking to make sure Anthony Daniels calls them out on
his sig, I can probably put them on the watch list with an almost
certain upgrade next complaint or more info given. If research can
find more crap on them, I'll upgrade without a complaint.