American Music Fest lineup
2008-06-18 14:30:57 UTC
Every year the biggest annual music event takes place here in VA
Beach, and the shows are free (sometimes one or two bands charge but
the fees are nominal total for both). In any case, this year's acts
were announced today:

Headliners on the 5th Street Main Stage are:

Friday, Aug. 29 Morris Day & The Time, with Bell Biv Devoe and En
Vogue. Tickets are $15 advance and $20 day of show.

Saturday, Aug. 30 Billy Idol with a special guest to be announced.
Tickets are $20 advance and $25 day of show.

Sunday, Aug. 31 The B-52s and The Motels featuring Martha Davis.
Tickets are $20 advance and $25 day of show.

A Passport Pin, at $30, provides admission to all three shows.

Tickets and Passport Pins are available through all Ticketmaster
outlets, including online at www.ticketmaster.com and by phone at
671.8100. Children 12 and under are free.

In addition to the 5th Street Main Stage, other bands will perform
FREE nightly along the boardwalk on city stages at 17th Street, 24th
Street and 31st Street.

Friday, Aug. 29th:

5th Street Stage - $15.00 advance / $20.00 day of show
Morris Day & The Time, 9:30pm - 10:45pm
Bell Biv Devoe, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
En Vogue, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Doors open: 5:30pm

17th Street Stage - free
Starship starring Mickey Thomas, 9:30pm - 11:00 pm
TBA, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

24th Street Stage - free
Steve Azar, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
Zac Brown Band , 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Phil Stacey, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Doors open: 5:30pm

31st Street Stage - free
BoDeans, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
The Influence, 8:00pm - 9:00pm

Saturday, Aug. 30th:

5th Street Stage - $20.00 advance / $25.00 day of show
Billy Idol, 8:30pm - 10:00pm
TBA special guest, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Doors open: 5:30pm

17th Street Stage - free
Los Lobos, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
TBA special guest, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

24th Street Stage - free
Eddie Money, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
TBA special guest, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

31st Street Stage - free
Warrant, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
TBA special guest, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

Sunday, Aug. 31st:

5th Street Stage, presented by the Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon -
$20.00 advance / $25.00 day of show
The B-52's, 9:00pm - 10:30pm
Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon Awards Ceremony, 7:45pm - 8:30pm
The Motels featuring Martha Davis, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Doors open: 5:00pm

17th Street Stage - free
Bill Deal's Rhondels, 4:00pm - 5:20pm and 5:50pm - 7:20pm
Mystic Soul Bubbas featuring Ammon Tharp & Steve Bassett, 7:50pm -
9:10pm and 9:40pm - 11:00pm
Doors open: 3:00pm

24th Street Stage - free
War, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
TBA special guest, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

31st Street Stage - free
Cherry Poppin' Daddies, 9:30pm - 11:00pm
TBA special guest, 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Doors open: 7:00pm

More guests TBA and other local musicians throughout. I'll probably
see Starship to get photos as I didn't take my camera the last time I
saw them. I'll probably try for Eddie Money's sig but other than
that, it's a bust this year as I see prices went up a bit and not big
Billy Idol fan.
pe2
2008-06-18 21:25:32 UTC
Billy Idol.... I thought he was pushing up daisy's.... LOL!!!
B14
2008-06-19 22:30:18 UTC
Post by Sue H
[...]
this is the best news since sliced bread

000-eeeee

where is my sharpie ?