Anita Page
Manor House
2008-09-07 21:51:25 UTC
We lost a little piece of Hollywood history yesterday with the passing of
actress Anita Page at the age of 98. Anita made her first film in 1925 and
her last this year. For many years she was a great signer through the mail.

Anita successfully made the transition from silent films to talkies and in
1929 only Greta Garb was a bigger movie star. At that time Anita was
receiving 10,000 items of fan mail a week, one hundred letters a week came
from an obsessed fan in Italy, one Benito Mussolini.
Gummby3
2008-09-07 22:04:06 UTC
What an amazing life. She saw the motion picture era in its infancy
and contributed to it almost 100 years later. It makes you wonder if
any of these hot stars of today will even make it to even half of her
career. :-)
--
Mike
Gummby3