Near in person; need assurance..
2008-06-28 12:38:15 UTC
Well went to a concert last night (REO Speedwagon) and before the
naysayers say anything, they have got to be the most or one of the
most impressive groups from the past ever. They should good still,
they play phenomenal (I would personally dub them hardest working band
with the drummer being my favorite of all the band's I've seen;
probably followed by Alex Van Halen).

Anyhow, It was so hot etc we didn't stay to get graphs but two of them
signed one or two at the end and my hubby motioned for the keyboardist
to come over and sign but I couldn't find my sharpie... so I missed
the opportunity ;( I've never seen Kevin Cronin signing at any of
their concerts...

I had already previously gotten Dave Amato (lead guitar) and Bryan
Hitt (the drummer).

Didn't leave too disappointed; caught three picks and almost got a
drumstick but got beamed in the head by a guy in back (where the hell
these people come from is beyond me but it gets more crowded each
time). We had the best seats in the house (right at the stage, in the
center, unobscured and got to touch my favorite drummer's had (I know
big deal right? LOL).

I am left with one lasting memento I wish I wasn't... the ringing in
the ears and I can't hear out of my right ear. Second time this has
happened when up front in front of an amp, but the other went away by
next morning. This is still going... how long till I can expect to
hear again?
DougzInBoston
2008-06-28 12:54:31 UTC
Post by Sue H
[...]
Should drop by the second day. I've been next to quite a few speakers
and the worst I had was gone on the third morning....scared the hell
out of me. Dream Theater was great, but next to the speaker, not so
much.
Sue H

much.
Arnold Quarry
2008-06-28 17:59:59 UTC
I went deaf for three days after Motorhead back in 82.
KC
2008-06-28 15:50:44 UTC
deaf for 3 days after front row, nickelback. scared as hell and it took
about 3 songs to figure out 2 things, we were too close, sounded bad and we
are too bloody old to be front row. I found out later, 3 of my high school
students were 2 rows behind....
Terry
Sue H
Terry
2008-06-28 20:09:23 UTC
Post by Sue H
Bleeding????
Badly ruptured ear drum!
Sue H
2008-06-28 20:17:18 UTC
Damn, that must've sucked... hope you are ok now. Don't know what
would be worse; deaf or blind.
Post by Terry
Post by Sue H
Bleeding????
Badly ruptured ear drum!
Mr Black
2008-06-29 03:31:11 UTC
20th row for motorhead, metal church, judas priest and alice cooper and had
to go to the hospital with bleeding in my ear!
Badly ruptured ear drum!
That beats my deaf for a week after a Ministry gig

Sue H

Sue H
2008-06-28 19:44:40 UTC
Did you know (I looked it up) that as you get the ringing in your ears
you lose hairs and when they die, you never get them back and you will
permanently lose hearing? After so many times, you can indeed go
deaf. Next time I am wearing ear plugs. We have two more concerts
where we are close to the front (though this is the closest I've ever
been... I was inches from them). every time they came to the edge of
the stage I had to crank my neck back... LOL Great stuff though.