Thomas Edison
L. Miller
2008-11-20 14:33:25 UTC
I have a check written in 1912 for 65 cents and signed by Thomas Edison. It
is matted and framed. I was wondering how much it might be worth?
Lorrie S.
2008-11-20 18:35:13 UTC
about $1300
Sue H
2008-11-20 16:32:56 UTC
On this, because historical, contact Profiles in History or Signature
House or any of the bigger companies and tell them you want to sell
it... they may be able to put a price on it. It would depend on many
factors.

1) is it legit.
2) what the item is
3) what damage there may be/condition
4) if there's anything else to go with it (provenance or other items
to sell as a "group")

Prices realized on Google. for that might be worth a guess. For
historical stuff, unless it's a "live" auction where you have internet
bidders/in person at the auction house bidders and phone bidders, you
won't get an actual price. UNLESS you are planning to sell via Ebay.
That's the rule.

If you are selling thing Ebay... look at Ebay prices. that's about
what you'll get. Larger online auction houses have prices realized
sections you can check.

Nobody can give you a "true" value. Value is what people will pay for
it on any given day and probably less now than last year due to the
economy. It's like the stock market.
Zoom
2008-11-21 04:52:32 UTC
Post by L. Miller
I have a check written in 1912 for 65 cents and signed by Thomas Edison.
It is matted and framed. I was wondering how much it might be worth?
Maybe its worth at least .65 cents.
p.s. Why are you asking here ?
Gummby3
2008-11-21 02:19:56 UTC
I don't know. Maybe because this is an autograph message group, he
wanted to talk about an autograph. Maybe he thought fellow autograph
collectors might know somebody he can ask for a professional opinion.
--
Mike
Gummby3
p.s. Why are you asking here ?
Zoom
me not know
Gummby3
me not know
Zoom
me work and have life,not a lot of time
Gummby3
Sue H
Zoom
2008-11-23 18:46:23 UTC
Post by Sue H
Yeah, it's hard cleaning the grease traps at McDonalds and scrubbing
the toilets.
I've seen far more production from a clean toilet,than I 've seen from you !
You betcha.