Impossible in person
2008-07-20 14:48:43 UTC
So last night I went to the Rick Springfield concert and have to say
that it was sheer pandamonium. I have been to many, many concerts and
it was so crammed I was nearing panic attacks. I couldn't see or
breathe and had to actually get physical with a couple ladies who came
rushing down (I actually laid into one big time with my elbow and
threatened her that if she tried it again she was gonna get it). She
told her friend "I don't think it's gonna happen" meaning she and her
friend weren't getting any closer (Rick had been pulled off the stage
and was in the audience and at one point came up close to where I was
and everyone started rushing). I have heard of concerts where people
go mad, and of all the people, this was it! Girls were NUTS. They
were all trying to touch his butt, grab and pull at him... what the
????? No offense to him but he's in his 50's and I don't get the big
deal.

I'm not like Barefoot or AutographPros where I meet celebs every day,
but I've met quite a few over of the past few years (actors, rock
stars, authors, sports and others) and never in my life have I seen
people near tears and all that. Amazing.

And here I am with my photo and a sharpie. I wait after the concert
and I've been to this venue before and you're lucky if 4 people are
waiting at the rope where you can see the buses. This time, like more
than a hundred screaming, whistling etc. Yelling "I love you!". Holy
crap. I waited though, figuring the later it got and the more they
said he's not coming out, they'd leave and eventually it got down to
about 25 people, but they then did shoe us away and the park was
closing.

So is Rick a non-mail signer? I will say that I am not that huge a
fan. Especially after last night. He's not a great guitar player
(and frankly thinks he is) and he's got showmanship but he's not
seasoned and to me, his voice is passable to average but he's not a
stellar talent. He once had fantastic looks and sex appeal and for
his age looks quite nice now, but I didn't think he was GORGEOUS to
make my heart start pounding... so what the hell is it with him that
made that happen?! Must be either because they did ONE concert
instead of two this year in a day or because he's on TV or because he
USED to be hot. It's the only thing I can think of. Anyway, I am
without a graph. Oh well.
2008ny
2008-07-20 22:26:29 UTC
Post by Sue H
[...]
You spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time thinking about this
stuff.You get mad,annoyed,bothered ect...over nonsense that you have no
control over.
If you can't take,stay home where it is nice and safe.I don't think Rick
Springfield was angonizing over you this morning.Maybe there is a
alt.binaries.whining newsgroup.
You seem to get into this collecting thing way too deep,is it for fun,or is
it an obsession ?
Its obvious that not many people share your collecting attitude,this isn't a
story,its a bitch-fest !!!
Sue H
2008-07-20 19:42:20 UTC
This is just telling the story as it was; if you don't like it, don't
read it! You obviously contribut NOTHING to this group (unless of
course this is a pseudo).

I guess if I were bitching, it'd be to God then for making it so
damned hot, or the one guy who told people to crowd to fit as much as
possible in (if I wanted to bitch, I'd mention they had no facilities
within code for water fountains). There was so much a crush of
people, that little kids were getting crushed and if you tried to get
out, it was near impossible (very dangerous). That to me IS something
to bitch about, which I did not. As to Rick's talent; I would guess
anyone who has knowledge of rock and who listens to a lot of music
would agree that this is more and "idol" than a stellar "rock god".
So it's more fact than bitching. I didn't think it was bad either. I
just am indifferent to this one aside from the crowd. I urge all
people going to a concert, play, event to report everything, good,
bad, successful or not to give info for others who may want to attend
similar things around them. It gives you a heads up on what you might
expect.

As for the VIP meet and greet with Bryan Adams/Foreigner, yes, that
was telling a more negative side, but yes, it was a negative thing.
We PAID for those passes. 400.00 and for that much cash, they said a
BBQ ... not a hot dog and a handful of stale chips! And they were
disorganized and treated people HORRIBLY. And I wasn't the one
bitching; I quasi-expected that and the only reason I was there was to
meet Bryan Adams and possibly get a graph. I was there for curiosity
sake, to see what the "pay for" passes get you. I posted that to tell
people what to expect. i have another story about Rick if you want to
know. For 750.00 you can get to sit on stage (not go on stage or ever
move from your fold-up seat) and go backstage and get 2 graphs and one
photo taken with him; then you are to immediately exit the venue (not
just the area, but the entire venue). Gee, some great stuff for you
money eh? LOL But these are the things some people MAY want to know
about. If you don't, then DON'T read it~

If nobody comments, then obviously nobody cares, but when ignorant
morons like yourself, it just makes me want to keep posting! I'll be
sure to post my next ones for you, I've got several more concerts and
events lines up.... I hope I make your day LOL. Not that I need to
defend myself to an obvious troll like yourself.
story,its a bitch-fest !!!
pe2
2008-07-21 20:10:52 UTC
Sho-Vel!!!!! PLONK!