Paul Newman
Gummby3
2008-09-28 11:14:21 UTC
I really wish that whoever leaked his failing health to the press
would have had 2nd thoughts. Instead of being able to share this last
year with his family and friends, he had to deal with the press
hounding him to his grave. If he wanted it to be public, he, and his
family, would not have denied it. Another instance where the
PaparaNazis feel that their job is more important than a man's
privacy. Be at peace now, Paul.
--
Mike
Gummby3
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.
NoAce
2008-09-28 20:01:30 UTC
I really wish that whoever leaked his failing health to the press would
have had 2nd thoughts. Instead of being able to share this last year with
his family and friends, he had to deal with the press hounding him to his
grave. If he wanted it to be public, he, and his family, would not have
denied it. Another instance where the PaparaNazis feel that their job is
more important than a man's privacy. Be at peace now, Paul.
--
Isn't that the price you pay for being a celebrity or athlete ?
Big money,you put up with that.
Mis-directed sorrow !
Gummby3
2008-09-28 19:56:29 UTC
Cop out, with what sounds like a touch of envy in your post. Nobody
has stopped you from achieving a path to make the same type of money
and way of life. The celeb simply wanted it more and worked for it
more.

I agree that when you become well known for doing something, you lose
a portion of your privacy, but not all of it like the camera hounds
think. It is my opinion, agree or not, but the "celebrities owe me"
excuse is very weak. A celeb has a scheduled event: movie, concert,
ball game, whatever. You, as a fan, pay for a ticket to attend this
event. That ticket is a contract between the celeb and the fan. Once
the event is over, the celeb has honored his/her portion of the
contract. You saw the event happen, as promised. After that, the
celeb doesn't even owe you the time of day, if he/she does not want
to. To be honest, the ONLY person that a celeb owes anything to is
the movie/TV studio, event venue, etc. that they have a signed
contract with. Celebrities are still citizens of whatever country
they live and they have the exact same rights and liberties that you
do. That includes the right to privacy. If you were to walk into a
mall and one of the mall zombies come up to you to take a poll, you
have the right to say no. To a celeb, you are nothing more than that
same person wanting you to take a poll.

"Mis-directed sorrow", I don't think so. As I said, everyone is
entitled to privacy, especially if your time is coming to an end.
Instead of taking time to be with family, close out unfinished
business, etc., he and his associates have to spend that time denying
anything is wrong. If Mr. Newman didn't want his health issues make
public, it's his right and nobody's business. A true story about Mr.
Newman. The reason that he stopped signing is because someone
followed him into a bathroom and pestered him for an autograph while
he was sitting in a stall. He said that if this was what autograph
collectors are like, he wasn't going to contribute to that hobby. He
stated that in several interviews when asked why he doesn't sign
autographs. Rules for true fans: 1) don't bother celebs if they're
eating. 2) don't bother them if they are obviously having family
time. 3) don't bother a celeb in the bathroom. If you don't want to
talk to someone in the neighbor stall, you know that the celeb
doesn't.
Mis-directed sorrow !
Charles Cooper
2008-09-29 01:40:16 UTC

Yeah, but Larry Craig doesn't mind interacting from stall to stall.
Gummby3
chip1057
2008-09-29 13:10:26 UTC
On Sep 28, 6:14 am, "Gummby3" <***@suddenlink.net> wrote:
It's sad but news of celebrities' deaths do have to come to the
media. We now have two other celebrity deaths to happen. But they
won't come out like the Paul Newman did.

BTW, can someone help with this Paul Newman autograph...

It's on an 11x14 book photo of Paul Newman. Is it real?

Chip