Another In Person This Weekend
Craig
2008-04-29 02:01:50 UTC
Went to the Nashville Pussy/Rev. Horton Heat show on Sunday night to
see Nashville Pussy. Despite the name they are a pretty excellent
rock and roll band. (Kinda like if ACDC and Skynyd had an
illegitimate child) I got there early enough to get up front. The
guitarist, Ruyter Suys, was in front of me most of the night. During
the last song, I held out my hand and asked her for a pick. She put
her foot in my hand, laughed and then had me lean over. She told me
to open my mouth and stuck her finger and the pick in my mouth. (It
was the only pick she gave out last night LOL) Their set wasdone and
I cut out as I really didn't care about the "Rev." On my way past the
them for a few minutes and had them sign a CD cover I had in my
pocket. She asked if I thought the finger in the mouth was funny and
I told her she could do that anytime... Horton Heat walked by on the
way in to the venue and she introduced me to him, but I had nothing
for him to sign, but he seemed pretty cooland personable and would
have signed had I asked, I am sure. She askedif I was going back in
for the show and I told her I was going to go as I only came to see
them and had to go to work early. She hugged me and said goodbye.
Her husband and the rest of the band are really cool too. Espcially
if you have "smoke" on you LOL Go see them when they come to your
town! (It is a great show)

Craig
pe2
2008-04-30 00:08:08 UTC
Great Story, Craig!

It's great when the stars are very down to earth with the fans!

Manny Fernandez and Dr. Death Steve Williams will be at PWMA for wrasslin'
tryouts/instructional camp. If I was 20 years younger, I would consider it.
I've always wanted to be the Jim Cornette type. Instead of a tennis racket
or phone, I'd carry a baseball bat!

pe2 (mike)
Sue H
2008-04-30 01:48:25 UTC
Very bizarre about the pick thing; don't know what I'd say or do if
asked to do that... but cool she was "obliging". Thanks for sharing
this unique one of a kind story.