Austria sends woman to jail for threatening Caruso
Max@MGMemorabilia
2009-04-16 13:27:34 UTC
Austria sends woman to jail for threatening Caruso

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090415/ap_en_ot/eu_austria_caruso_threat_6

Wed Apr 15, 9:38 am ET
VIENNA - An Austrian court has convicted a woman of threatening "CSI:
Miami" star David Caruso and sentenced her to seven months in jail in a
secure psychiatric unit, officials said Wednesday.

A court in the western city of Innsbruck handed down the sentence
Tuesday, court spokesman Thomas Lechner said.

Lawyer Andreas Grabenweger said his client will appeal the ruling.

Prosecutors said the woman, identified only as Heidemarie S., allegedly
sent more than 100 letters to the American actor in pursuit of an
autograph and then sent a death threat in 2007 when he refused to give
her one.

A court-appointed psychiatrist testified earlier that the woman has a
"profound personality disorder."

The woman, who is in her early 40s, twice failed to show up for her
trial and was taken into custody last month after she was arrested in
Mexico on immigration charges and deported back to Austria.

Caruso plays Miami police Lt. Horatio Caine in the CBS television
network crime drama.
Sue H
network crime drama.
davinci
network crime drama.
j***@yahoo.com
2009-04-20 00:03:03 UTC
It may just be the way I think, but you have to look between the lines
too. You're automatically making the celebrity be in the fault instead
of the woman. She supposedly wrote "100 requests".

How long did she wait between requests? How were the requests
submitted? TTM? To the studio? To his home? Did she send something to
be signed each time? Did she pay return postage?

I would think sending too many requests would hurt your chances of a
success. It could turn a good signer off by having someone be too
greedy. At what point does a person go from a fan into becoming a
stalker? I would think after the 96th letter within a few months
Sue H
2009-04-20 03:14:07 UTC
I think he was making a troll-like sarcastic comment....

The woman is indeed nuts. I can see wanting someone's autograph. I
can see writing four or five times MAYBE. I've written up to five
before and that's like my limit. If they've not responded 5 different
places over a two or three year time frame, then give it up! No
matter if you have 99 out of a total of 100 needed to complete your
collection! Obviously they do not want to sign! Get over it. And in
my OPINION (no, this is now law) but you should wait a minimum of 4-6
months for something to come back. Some movies, tours and other
things take that long (or longer) and when they come back, they most
certainly have other things to do like be with family and take care of
things at home for a bit. The last thing most want to do is answer
fan mail.

I remember the Michael Sheard and Brian Blessed incidents (and there
was another couple I've had made comment). Where I wrote 3-5 letters
inside two years and they responded and commented on my lack of
patience. Michael Sheard thought I was playing a game to get a lot of
autographs to sell I think (I mentioned my son in all the letters as
we used to collect together in the beginning) and he said "how many
'sons' do you have?!!!" From then on I've been a lot more patient.
Brian Blessed too well over 5 years to sign. And when he did, he sent
them all back from different agencies and theatres I sent to; and said
he just got to his mail. If you don't have patience, don't be a ttm
autograph collector.