In Person Success
Craig
2008-04-27 04:13:26 UTC
Tonight I went to see Crispin Glover's film "What Is It?" Which is
exactly what I was asking after the film. LOL The evening started
with a slide sow narrated by Crispin, the film, a Q&A and then a meet
and greet. I can't even begin to describe the film...it was so
WAAAAAYYYYY out there. It basically featured a cast or down syndrome
actors, naked women in animal masks and Crispin. At the signing
afterwards he took time to talk with you and sign. He signed a book
of his (another wierd item) and three 8x10s. He inscribed everything
he signed. He told me I had alot (seven things actually)and told me
to pick three so I picked the photos from My Tutor, Beowulf, and
Willard. We must have talked 10 minutes and we posed for a picture
together, too. He's a pretty nice guy just really odd when it comes
to his films.

Good Luck,
Craig
Sue H
2008-04-27 14:26:44 UTC
Way cool! I probably won't see it then. I hate movies that are
strange "artsy" to the Hollywood world. I remember Baron von
Munchasuen or that movie not too long ago called "The Fountain".
Bizarre and mostly boring. If you walk out of a film and say well
that was about down's syndrome actors and naked women wearing masks,
it can't be something worth remembering the plot! LOL

I didn't care much for Beowulf either but of the movies you mention,
it was probably his best.

Good scroe though as he's a pretty hot actor right now.
Craig
Craig
2008-04-27 20:42:56 UTC
That's the thing, Sue there WAS NO PLOT! LOL Some guy smashed a snail
and tried to glue it back together, got locked out of his house, hung
out with other downs people at a cemetary, it segued back and forth
between this and Crispin's world where he was worhipped by people with
downs who called him Shirley Temple and God. Made my brain hurt...

Craig

PS the guy found the key and got back in at the end. Sorry to ruin it
for you. :)
[...]
Craig- Hide quoted text -
Gummby3
2008-04-27 21:15:06 UTC
DANG IT! I'm going to have to call the theater and cancel my tickets
now. Thanks. LOL
--
Mike
Gummby3

for you. :)
barefoot
2008-04-27 22:18:13 UTC
can you believe that this is the same guy who played michael j fox's
DAD in back to the future?
he's always been kind of a nutjob...
when he personalized your stuff, did he advertise a website on it?
cause he did on all my BTF posters and my people vs. larry flynt
poster...did he write his whole name? or just crispin?
it is a cool autograph to add to the collection though..don't let me
put a damper on your in person find.
Craig
2008-04-28 23:30:50 UTC
Barefoot:

Actually, no....he personalized everything and then wrote "Thanks for
coming to see 'What Is It?' Crispin Hellion Glover" He stated I had
too much and I did suggest he just sign his name instead of all that
but he didn't want to... Atleast he didn't say I was gonna sell it on
EBay. (Anybody wanna buy his book? LOL)

Craig
pe2
2008-04-30 01:06:03 UTC
"Get your ***@mN hands off of her, Biff".
"Should I swear, Marty??!!" LOL, sorry-just had to in honor of George McFly
(Crispin Glover)

pe2 (mike)

Sue H
2008-04-28 03:01:15 UTC
I won't be seeing that one! Actually, the movies for the past two
years have been pretty crappy... I've been renting loads of movies
and they've all pretty much sucked. Watched Rush Hour 3 tonight and
one or two small chuckles, but it's the same as every other one; all
the car chases and kung fu fighting etc. Same old stuff.
Gummby3
2008-04-27 21:13:41 UTC
Glover hasn't been "all there" in the last few decades. I think his
biggest sign was on the old Letterman show. He comes out wearing
something that he had to have dug out of a 60's reject bin and shoes
with at least 3 inch soles. You could tell there was something off
with him (drugged, drunk or both). After some rambling with Dave, it
culminates with him going into a "kung fu" craze and almost kicking
Dave in the face with those shoes. Needless to say, he was banned
from the show and I don't think he's ever been back on since. I saw
that episode live and thought that it was one of Dave's skits. When
they came back from commercial, you could tell that Dave was still
shaken a bit, but he finished off the show. His antics were bad
enough that Glover was replaced in the later 'Back To The Future'
sequel as Marty's father. I would say that he's leveling off some,
but with "artsy" movies like this, it makes me wonder. LOL