Iconographs...
2008-08-08 01:28:55 UTC
We've talked about them before and last time people stuck up for them
when I felt there were some items that were very questionable. This
time, I see more (they emailed me for an auction). Was wondering
people's opinion because there's a few good names I'd like but some
indeed worrisome looking ones to me.... Opinion?
Manor House
2008-08-08 03:52:39 UTC
No smoke without fire and having had a quick look at Connery, Eastwood etc I
would not buy from them.

There is no point buying an autograph and forever looking at it thinking, I
wonder...

Sue H
2008-08-08 16:57:48 UTC
Yeah; they had 4-5 items that if legit, I'd of jumped at. But I think
the Hayden Christensen/Ewan McGregor graph I've seen before on Ebay a
few times (yes, I said more than once; I have a feeling this graph has
made the rounds) and it looks off as do other items.

pe2
2008-08-09 15:00:51 UTC
I'm with Sue-

If you know the autograph, then bid on it. If unsure-stay away!

pe2
b***@yahoo.com
2008-08-10 04:27:12 UTC
i know most of the people who sell to them...i don't think there's
really a problem. if you have questions, don't buy, but i would say
that the christensens are good...it's just that they may not look like
official pix because getting people in crowds looks far different than
what officialpix gets at sit down signings.
b***@yahoo.com
2008-08-10 04:35:01 UTC
http://www.iconographs.com/shop_listings.php?newcat=zz&cat=***New***&first=ROGER&last=MOORE

these look just like this:
http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=875

(and yes, the one from r anr r auction is mine)

http://www.iconographs.com/shop_listings.php?newcat=zz&cat=***New***&first=SHIA&last=LaBEOUF

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=892

these look the same too...and the rr one is mine again...

i would just tell you that in los angeles, the autograph collectors
are HARD CORE ANIMALS and everyone is always pushing, so sometimes,
the stuff isn't going to look so good. you should see the differences
these days..i'll post 2 jack black 16x20's that i got in person last
week...i got them back to back in a group of like 4
collectors....completely different and you tell me which one you'd
rather have!!!! tell me where to post them so the most people can see
them...or i'll post them on my myspace page...

mike
dashcr3
2008-08-10 07:32:03 UTC
Their autographs are fine. They have a great reputation in a hobby
that is full of fraud. I have purchased from them in the past with no
problems. No one knows what its like on the streets, including me.
That Hayden looks just like the one that I bought from OfficialPix. I
see people on TMZ.com not even looking at photos when they sign them.
I am lucky. When I get people to sign in my town I am normally the
only one around.
mike
Sue H
2008-08-10 15:05:09 UTC
Hayden and Ewan's double signed one looked like crap. Both were wide
and far apart and huge. I know Hayden's gotten larger, (used to be
more controlled and in a circle now it's a partial one and very wide).
But that was horrible looking all around.

mike
Bob
2008-08-11 07:16:35 UTC
The only problem I have had with them is they lie about where and when
photos were signed. They admited it when I questioned a signed Pierce
Brosnon I bought off them, the time and date stamp on the picture from
the devloper was after it was supposedly signed. Their excuse was they
can't really keep track of where and when so they just put dates on
their itmes that coinicide with past documented successes. That just
never sat right with me, if you can't recall or don't have the right
info, don't put it on the photo. That said I haven't bought anything
since.

Bob
Gummby3
2008-08-11 13:05:29 UTC
hmmmm... they can carry 50+ items and numerous Sharpies to hound the
celebs with, but they can't carry 3x5 note cards and a pen to manage
their inventory? I would think that would be an elementary thing to
carry.
--
Mike
Gummby3
Bob
b***@yahoo.com
2008-08-11 15:58:55 UTC
i usually give the date/location info with stuff i sell too. it's
actually a difficult task when dealing with multiple employees... i
constantly have to check my dates as that's usually the hard
part...it's easy to remember that something was signed at the "kung fu
panda" premiere, but if you wait a week or two before selling it, and
then look on the internet for the premiere date, you can find all
sorts of sources that say it was on the 7th, but then you can find
several more that say it was on the 8th...

and i'm going to push it here...i'm sure that you folks can look up
hayden christensen's autograph from officialpix, but i'm pretty sure
NONE of you know what ewan mcgregor's autograph looks like. i've shown
many people on here several things, and most of you can't tell the
difference between a good and bad autograph...sorry.
mike
Bob
2008-08-12 10:25:32 UTC
I got ewan mcgregor's outside of a London play in 2006 (I think it was
guys and dolls). The security at the door was actually really nice and
told me when and where to stand to get his autograph. Always worth
starting up a little conversation with them and a free coffee didn't
hurt.