Van Halen update
2008-03-10 21:39:46 UTC
Cancelled. Again. This time, may be permanent. Cancelled 17 dates
because Eddy is in a doctor's care for a condition that needs
immediate treatment; they are working out the best course of action.

Dang it. First time I personally won anything over 50 bucks and poof.
They said we can pick up the tickets anyway and if they come back,
they'll honor those dates. So if anyone has those tickets, they'll
honor them. Also, anyone who won tickets will get another concert
later this year in VA Beach. They didn't say who, but they hope to
give "options". Nice radio station I think for doing that. Really
they could say too bad....

But again for those who bought tickets for those dates, the promoters
will honor if a reschedule occurs.
pe2
2008-03-11 02:06:16 UTC
Yeah sue-

That would have been the first time you have seen Eddie's son, Wolfie. he
replaced Mike Anthony, and I think diamond Dave is back as well. I recently
bought the "Definitive Collection" by Van Halen, and I must say-it's
excellent, except for 1 Live track by Van Hagar. Sammy lets a few "Bleeps"
go un-edited!

pe2
Sue H
2008-03-11 02:32:22 UTC
So, you a Hagar or Roth fan? To be honest, Dave kind of ruined it all
for me when he went doing "California Girls"; it left the rock scene
into pop for me. He wasns't with them then but still. Though they
did seem more animated and more of a show when Roth was with them
(performancewise); actually bands who switch leads usually tank but I
think they did ok.
pe2
casdon
2008-03-11 12:21:50 UTC
Sorry to hear that they cancelled the tour, hope they will be able to
tour once Eddie is out of the hospital what was the deal with Mike
Anthony leaving the group bad blood, ego what?? and I was and am a
Roth fan when he left the group it seemed to die somewhat Also,
anyone who won tickets will get another concert later this year in VA
Beach. who who you like to see??.Casdon
Post by pe2
Yeah sue-
That would have been the first time you have seen Eddie's son, Wolfie. he
replaced Mike Anthony, and I think diamond Dave is back as well. I recently
bought the "Definitive Collection" by Van Halen, and I must say-it's
excellent, except for 1 Live track by Van Hagar. Sammy lets a few "Bleeps"
go un-edited!
pe2- Hide quoted text -
2008-03-11 15:33:29 UTC
I'm not sure who is coming. I did already get Billy Joel tickets.

My favorites are classic rockers so I like Eagles, Journey, Styx as
top choices but like REO, Frampton, Foreigner, Boston all those.
Alas, Van Halen was the one I didn't see yet. I'd love to see America
again (but they are touring with Christopher Cross who I can live
without but he's borderline for me on the can take it or leave it
scale).

Maybe Led Zepplin would be good. Pink Floyd woul be ok. The Who would
rock. But other than zepplin, doubt those happening. Paul McCartney
I've never seen... not too many I've not been to. I've seen Elton and
Steve Miller and Rod Stewart... all of them. Oh well. I was really
kind of psyched. Eddie should do a press thing to get it all out so
people stop speculating the worst.

They cancelled my TV thing too again! She said they ran out of time
today and they'll reschedule. I don't know if it's worth it as they
twisted my question anyway to fit their show needs (it wasn't my
question that came back, but basically a question I've seen asked many
times and really kind of makes me look financially not brilliant. But
I'll do it their way as I already read the book and got my answer and
was already doing that the past month so...). Whatever.