Anthony Daniels
Max
2008-03-30 20:02:08 UTC
Met him today.

Nice guy, a bit of a strange one but nice all the same.
Juli
2008-03-30 22:17:00 UTC
Post by Max
Met him today.
Nice guy, a bit of a strange one but nice all the same.
Mind if I ask where you met him? was he doing a show/convention? If so
I have been looking for one for a few years now, and if he's starting
up again, it's good to know. I have not heard of Anthony Daniels being
at any shows/conventions for years.

~ Juli
Max
2008-03-30 22:33:59 UTC
Post by Juli
Post by Max
Met him today.
Nice guy, a bit of a strange one but nice all the same.
Mind if I ask where you met him? was he doing a show/convention? If so
I have been looking for one for a few years now, and if he's starting
up again, it's good to know. I have not heard of Anthony Daniels being
at any shows/conventions for years.
~ Juli
He was at The Memorabilia Show at the NEC in Birmingham UK.
http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/

he was there all Weekend and charged £20 per autograph

Didn't seem that busy but I was at my tables at the other end of the hall.

Wasn't up for any bulk deals so I only got a few.....

No photo's of him signing which is good for the hobby but bad for the
dealer! :-)

Got a piccie with him though
Sue H
Got a piccie with him though
barefoot
2008-03-31 17:59:34 UTC
amd he'll only do shows where he knows he will RAKE in the dough. you
have to fill out a huge page of stuff just to get him to think about
it...and i've been to 2 shows and the line is around the building in
both cases...at the star wars convention in los angeles last year,
they had to cut off the ticket sales, and he was higher than everyone
else.
Max
How much was he?
Sue H
How much was he?
barefoot
2008-04-02 17:33:47 UTC
when i went to new jersey, it was only $25...i needed him on like 50
things, so i spent some cash..my brother thought i was buying a
car...at the convention in los angeles, it was $35...
oh, and he won't let people take pics of him signing....even if you
are from a news outlet...he'll let you take pics of him and he'll let
you take pics with him, but not of him signing...thus the 20 year old
photo of him signing photos that many forgers use.

2008-03-30 23:38:38 UTC
Daniels still does cons; always will I would imagine; but he has toned
down on the number and quality of the ones he does (he goes where he
commands big bucks or he won't do it and not many will pay that much
so there is much less gigs for him).