In persons
2008-06-24 16:26:50 UTC
Well, I got like 5 in the mail this week (those are on the other
groups); and a lot of purchases... 21 signed cards (all SW Artists)
and a Margaret Thatcher signed books.

Today got some in persons:

Roger Brown (third year running) (Detroit Lions)
Mark May (second year for him) (Redskins)
Lee Smith (2nd year; signed a rookie card) (Cubs)
Luis Tiant (2nd year for him; signed an early baseball card) (Red Sox)
Darryl Dawkins (he wasn't here last year but was year before) (Nets)
Shaun King (Tampa Bay Bucaneers)
and Ickey Woods (Bengals)

Of note; All were VERY chattty, laughing, joking with each person and
Darryl Dawkins was funny (there was a cop walking around who was 7'
tall and taller than him, so he was after taking a photo of him); Lee
Smith remarked about the old baseball card that he looked young; only
two days ago! LOL Great time as the weather was better.

For those who live here, they told us they will be going to Roger's
restarant this afternoon/evening. So pop on by....get free graphs
probably, photos and Roger's restaurant has pretty good food (large
portions). they do serve things like collard Greens etc.
KC
Sue H
2008-06-25 13:20:31 UTC
I live in Virginia; Hampton Roads area; Not good for huge Hollywood
A-listers (unless they're filming historical stuff like Tom Cruise,
Tom Hanks and Colin Farrell were here not too long ago). There is a
lot of concerts, free events (I think we must be the festival capital)
and sports things here (minor though as we don't have a major league
team here). However, it's a HUGE military area and a lot of folks
come to support the troops around here and politicians come here too.
I hear Tim Kaine is a potential running mate for Vice President so
time to look for him! Hollywood or New York would be better, but this
is a good place for graphs all things considered.