GEOCITIES is Shutting the doors for good! Remember when...
pe2
2009-09-25 21:18:34 UTC
Hey all-

I logged into Geocities, just a few minutes ago, to check on a friend's
website. First page you open, in big red letters-GEOCITIES is shutting the
doors for good at the end of October. then it goes on for the routine info
about remove or loose your files...

Remember when there were countless autograph sites (including me) on
geocities in the net's early days? that use to be the bomb back in the day.I
guess it's just to much hodge podge of stuff out there that Yahoo's had
enough to main tain it...memories welcomed!

Thank You, geocities, it was fun!!!

Happy Hunting-
pe2
Mr Black
2009-09-26 02:50:47 UTC
Post by pe2
Hey all-
I logged into Geocities, just a few minutes ago, to check on a friend's
website. First page you open, in big red letters-GEOCITIES is shutting the
doors for good at the end of October. then it goes on for the routine info
about remove or loose your files...
Remember when there were countless autograph sites (including me) on
geocities in the net's early days? that use to be the bomb back in the
day.I guess it's just to much hodge podge of stuff out there that Yahoo's
had enough to main tain it...memories welcomed!
Thank You, geocities, it was fun!!!
Happy Hunting-
pe2
It feels like the first major chapter of the internet, a span of about 15
years, is coming to a close as it powers on forward leaving places like
geocities in its wake

MrB
Den
2009-09-29 04:53:07 UTC
Yes, when I first started, on celebs, all you had to do was type in
celebrity addresses, and you had a ton of Geocity sites.

Den