Hampton roads area tornado...
2008-04-29 01:07:25 UTC
For folks living in the area. Driver, a small little town was plowed
by a tornado. We'd been there (it's basically two streets and that's
the whole town). The little antiques store and some homes were
destroyed. Very saddened by this (this was the little town that had a
fall festival where Ben Jones attended and I got his graph).

In other news, if anyone is reading this, before it ends, there's a
Star Wars Deal or no Deal. Cute.
pe2
2008-04-29 20:03:53 UTC
Yeah Sue-the engineer I closely work with at the shipyard, he and his wife
lost everything yesterday. They are in their mid twenties, a young married
couple just starting out in life, and took a hard hit.

I'm sure he lost alot of his UVa stuff (a grad from there). i thought about
getting him a UVa gift card....good idea?

pe2
Sue H
2008-04-29 20:09:25 UTC
Yes, and point him to www.freecycle.org and pick Hampton or Newport
News. He can get things like beds, appliances etc. I was going to
give away my Visions cookware to a cancer patient who tastes tin, but
I think someone gave them some already. If they need cookware, have
them email.