Ebay thoughts needed...
2008-09-08 22:48:37 UTC
had a bad experience today on Ebay and would like an opinion on what
others would do. I am really exhausted today and don't feel like
responding to trolls tonight (maybe tomorrow) so if anyone is willing
to help out, please email me. I'd love an opinion as to what they'd
do.
Kenneth Zinger
2008-09-09 02:30:34 UTC
the best thing to do is just forget about eBay.
I closed my account permanently. No more checks or money orders will be
accepted as payment after September 16. And buyers are keeping the
merchandise and getting the PayPal chargeback with no fear of retaliation or
consequences. eBay makes money off the transaction regardless of fraud.
do.
Sue H
2008-09-09 00:49:29 UTC
I cut back too on Ebay. A LOT. I used to search endlessly but their
recent new rules and all the fees have got me only going there if I
absolutely can't find what I am looking for elsewhere.

do.
chip1057
2008-09-13 15:54:15 UTC
Sue,
I am still pleased with eBay. I tried to do a store, and found it too
hard to keep up and pay the $15.00 a month. So I'm back to doing
regular auction or "Buy It Now". The thing I don't like is they don't
accept money orders or e-checks any more. I didn't mind accepting
USPS money orders because they can be protected and purchased only at
a USPS.

My favorability is 100 % positive, and I have 199 feedback.

Chip
do.
Kenneth Zinger
2008-09-14 03:03:30 UTC
Post by chip1057
accept money orders or e-checks any more.
They accept e-checks thru PayPal. It's personal checks and money orders
that are no longer accepted.
Post by chip1057
My favorability is 100 % positive, and I have 199 >feedback.
Pray that you never get a negative, because with feedback under 500, all it
will take is your first negative and PayPal will begin to hold funds sent to
you by the buyer for 21 business days before releasing them to your account.
Low volume sellers are now considered "risky sellers" and are directly
affected by the new PayPal 21 business day hold policy. Actually, low
volume sellers are no longer wanted on eBay. It doesn't fit their business
model or future plans. I'm surprised that no one here knows about any of
this.