Celebs and what they collect
2008-03-10 15:48:39 UTC
Elvis Presley - was collecting his own stuff -anything with his image
Nicholas Cage - comic books, sports cars
Jay Leno - autographs, cars, motorcycles
Eric Clapton - guitars (so do a lot of rockers)
Lou Ferrigno - beanie babies
Patty Duke - bean babies
Johnn Depp - rare butterflies and insects, rare books
Dolly Parton - butterflies
Angelina Jolie - antique knives
Buddy Ebsen - was coin collector
Wayne Gretzky - coins
Nicole Kidman - coins
John Larroquette - coins
Penny Marshall - coins
Bruce WIllis - coins
Rush Limbaugh - coins and Disney items
Andre Dawson - coins
Dennis Rodman - coins
Dan Ackroyd - police badges
George Clooney - Motorcycles
Harry Connick Jr - Cuff links
Billy Crystal - Sports memoribilia
Jamie Lee Curtis - photographs
Jim Davis - Garfield Memoriblia, wine (a lot of celebs collect wine)
Elvira - Gothic items
Malcolm Forbes - Faberge Eggs and Toy Soldiers
Whoopi Goldberg - Bakelite Jewelry and sneakers
Steve Guttenberg - saltwater fish
Scott Hamilton - Pinball machines
Robin Leach - Marine Paperweights
Barbara Mandrell - autographed books
Demi Moore - Dolls and vintage clothing
Marie Osmond - dolls
Rosie O'Donnell - McDonald's Toys
Quentin Tarantino - board games
Alan Thicke - Hockey Memoribilia
John Travolta - Aviation Memorabilia
Oprah - photos of guests from her shows and perfume bottles
medieval
2008-03-10 23:32:05 UTC
Actually, there are several celebrities who collect autographs. I have
sold to a few in the past and currently have one that I sell to on a
regular basis.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/group/alt.collecting.autographs/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/faq.html
Sue H
2008-03-11 01:57:54 UTC
One thing about being a celeb is you can get them in person... what a
deal.

regular basis.
medieval
2008-03-19 16:46:16 UTC
Barefoot, you are such an a**hole. Those WireImage photos (from which I
have an account) are placed on my blog...not my retail site. It's not a
promotional gimmick, but part of a blog posting.

Yes, I have sold to several celebrities who collect autographs and I
currently have a steady customer that all would know, in fact he posted
favorably about my business on my retail site and at other venues.

Give it up, Barefoot. Your charade is wearing thin. The folks at
StarBrite finally ditched you and the word is out.

barefoot
2008-03-20 04:42:33 UTC
i think you have it all wrong...
and posting on here with fake names and trying to hide...

EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ONLY SELL FAKE SHIT...
go get a job at home depot loser!

you STEAL those images..if you had an account, they wouldn't have the
wireimage watermark on them...
and you post pictures of celebrities signing and try to make it out
like those people work for you...
and there's a few people on this board who asked you to now put their
information on your site and you've refused.

how's the forgery game going???
and, i walked away from starbrite...i wasn't asked to leave..ask
steve the RIGHT question...and don't ask him if i own the magazine
like you did last time...
Scorpio741
2008-03-20 12:19:23 UTC
i think �you have it all wrong...
and posting on here with fake names and trying to hide...
EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ONLY SELL FAKE SHIT...
go get a job at home depot loser!
you STEAL those images..if you had an account, they wouldn't have the
wireimage watermark on them...
and you post pictures of celebrities signing and try to make it out
like those people work for you...
and there's a few people on this board who asked you to now put their
information on your site and you've refused.
how's the forgery game going???
�and, i walked away from starbrite...i wasn't asked to leave..ask
steve the RIGHT question...and don't ask him if i own the magazine
like you did last time...
Well, even though it may be close to a year sinse I have came in here
enough to actually post a reply. I see the same stuff still goes on in
here. So many people seem to have it out for Barefoot. I do not know
the guy super well. But I have bought from him in the past on many
occasions. Even had the pleasure of meeting him out of the blue when I
was set up at one of my collectors show. Where he travled to get just
a few photos. (All the way to the east coast)

Personal opinion, take it or leave it. Mike is a stand up guy. Maybe
other folks know him better than I. Or stuff I don't know but. Mike
seems ok to me. Not sure why he gets blasted or always seeming to have
to defend himself. I should whip you a hello sometime Mike. Been
awhile since I have talked to you.

Well that's all I wanted to say. I see too many posts with someone
always blasting someone. Sorry I don't know you other folks as well
too. Really should get in here more often.

I am not one to hide behind anything.
Hopefully will ge tto talk and particiapate more in here.

Ed Bedrick
Member of the U.A.C.C.
U.A.C.C. Registered Dealer #049
U.A.C.C. Former Regtional Diretor (Region #1)
barefoot
2008-03-20 13:04:40 UTC
actually...it's just right here.
that guy is a scumbag (strickler)...
he posts photos of people signing to dupe collectors into thinking
that those autographs are going to his business..
but he's posted photos of ME getting autographs on his site in the
past...and i can assure you that i've never sold him anything...he's
also posted photos of current and former employees of mine on his
site...and he didn't get that stuff either. he just milks photos that
are all over the internet and posts them on his site...trying to prove
his forged autographs are real...

other than that, i'm not arguing with anyone at this time...
Gummby3
2008-03-20 13:25:05 UTC
Actually, it's been fairly pleasant in the group for the last couple
of months. This "he said" crap just started AGAIN within the last
2-3 days.
--
Mike
Gummby3

Sue H
2008-03-20 14:09:55 UTC
And with Barefoot making the first accusatory post.

If it were me and I suspected the guy was a forger who took wireless
images and PRETENDED they were HIS (which is stupid as he said, they
have the watermark on them), I'd simply have asked the guy why he has
those images on there and let him explain. Same if he sold fogeries.
I'd ask where he got them etc. I'd let him get caught in the lies (as
you know, liars always get caught up in their own stuff). There are
more tactful ways without accusations which may or may NOT be true.
Now we'll never know. It's a flame war... with no merit and people
will ignore both sides and both sides will lose out because NOBODY
will trust either of them.

2-3 days.
barefoot
2008-03-20 20:07:14 UTC
it really only goes on because he posted pics of ME getting stuff
signed and he's basically saying "this guy works for me" kind of
thing...
the guy runs this little blog site...

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AutographCollectorsDaily

and you used to be able to make comments on the page...but he got into
it with people because he was posting pics of people signing that were
of the other collectors and THEY got on his case.

and don't let him fool you either...
he posts shots of miley cyrus siging (of which i was in the picture
getting things signed) and then he posts a link to his autograph site
saying how you can buy miley autographs (and they are all fake.)

there is no "suspected" forgery, he's a KNOWN forgery dealer.
medieval
2008-03-21 03:48:17 UTC
Those WireImage photos and other wire photos are posted on my blog at
http://www.stricklerstars.com

This is NOT my retail site. I have NO wire photos on my retail site.

My blog is merely a collectors forum where other collectors submit photos
and stories about the hobby.

My retail site is at http://www.stricklersutographs.com

Barefoot, you really need to grow up and worry about your own problems.
I've sent you my references, but again, there are several people you call
contact if you want any background on me, namely John Rezikoff of
University Archives, John Conigliaro of Great Moments, Inc., Steven
Koschal, David Priol, Linda Payne, etc...as well as the Baltimore Ravens,
Baltimore Orioles and all the show dealers and promoters in the Maryland,
D.C. and Virginia. I'm putting it out there....

Scorpio741
2008-03-21 13:12:06 UTC
[...]

Oh my I remmber you now..we have typed at each other before. Nice to
see you again.

Well as always I wish I knew more about the situation before I typed
anything. And I mean no discrespect to MEDIEVAL as I do not know him
at all. I know Mike is not a favorite collector (Person) amoung other
as I have heard others complain about him. For exactly what you said
his out-spokeness and non-tact.

My statement was general in that, I have known him for quite a many
years and he was very nice where I met him out of the blue. I know he
is out there in the streets running.

I don't and didn't mean to step in and defend one side or another.
Again my comment was just general. Readin ghte new posts since I have
put my1 cent in (dosen't seem to be even worth the 2 cents at this
time) I can see where this is going. I can see Sue H's point clearly.
That it is just a he said she said. Seems with no ending and just flat
out accusations.

It's too bad.. But I am glad to be back in here and see some familiar
names. I am hoping I can really (for once) keep getting back in here
and actually participate.

Stay well everyone. HoOpe you all have a great day!

Ed Bedrick
Member of the U.A.C.C.
U.A.C.C. Registered Dealer #049
U.A.C.C. Former Regional Director (Region #1)
http://www.edbedrickautographs.com
Sue H
2008-03-21 14:43:40 UTC
Post by Scorpio741
[...]
Yes, if Mike would just learn to be a little less crude and
mean-spirited or boisterous (know it all); in other words tone down, I
think he could be an asset.

I used to be kind of a type first and post without reading person.
Then on posts where I am upset or whatever, I learned to chill out.
Type my poison but don't post it. Then return later and read what I
posted and try to do it more calmly. The key is waiting at least a
few minutes then rereading. The more you are upset, the more time you
need to take. It's worked wonders for me.

Really though, I don't think Barefoot is the scourge of the Earth...
but he's done and said a lot of questionable things here to upset a
whole lot of people. So he will have to change they way his posts
come across if he wants some respect.
Sue H
2008-03-20 14:06:39 UTC
Mostly Ed, (and I know YOU are a stand up guy); he's blasted because
of his name calling, starting problems with people. For example, if
the guy he started with HERE and NOW (and he did start by accusing him
off the bat) was a forger and took images like he said, there are
better ways to inform the group. You don't start out accusatory like
that and you certainly don't start saying things like liar, scumbag
etc. You flush out the truth, try to prove the thing and just show
people and let the chips fall where they may.

The main thing about Mike (Barefoot) is his tone, his "holier than
thou" attitude and his rudeness. He may have points, but to many of
us, they are lost because he's an atrocious speaker who can't be a
decent human being about it.

Glenn (SBfan2000)
2008-03-23 00:36:23 UTC
don't forget his automatic assumption that all TTM's are fakes. He use to
make alot of blanket assumptions about both TTM's and person collections.
That set alot of people off a few moons ago.
barefoot
2008-03-23 03:09:46 UTC
i never said ALL...not even once.
mike

Glenn (SBfan2000)
2008-03-17 03:42:05 UTC
ok, I know its mean and my apologies to people that actually like her, but
how funny is it that rosie o donnell collects McDonald toys. Now we know
how she got so overweight, shes been buying to many happymeals!

Glenn
barefoot
2008-03-17 08:57:34 UTC
strickler does not sell autograph to celebrities...
no one contacts him to sell autographs to celebrities...and now he's
trying to hide his name.

i guess taking pics from wireimage and putting them on his website (as
if he had people getting those autographs for him)...or posting
signing events aren't enough for him to perpetuate his lies.