OT: Sword collectors on here?
2009-01-17 23:03:45 UTC
If so, please email me; have a question. Off topic but after a whole
lot of searching, i can't find any info on a replica sword we
bought... thought someone might know what it's a replica of and want
info on how to clean it. Thanks for any help.
Sue H
2009-01-18 00:05:09 UTC
Never mind. Identified the Sword finally (took a LONG time to find
the dang thing); still need to clean it and boy I got a good deal!
After finding that any item I wanted was overpriced, when I got to the
sword I thought it was pretty nice for the price tag. Hubby didn't
want to get it (what would you do with that?) but I asked if it was
cheap could we get it ... he said (he thought it was over 400 dollars
value and got a smile thinking he got me) but he said no, if it's 40
no 35 or less, we can get it. It was 33.00! So we got it as I
thought it was pretty (red stones in it) and it seemed nice for 33.00.
I figured even at a yard sale, at the very least I'd get more than
that for it?

Anyway, turns out it's a Franklin Mint 1970 Excaliber sword and I've
seen three so far. Two on Ebay and one on Google. Ebay's low is 375
plus shipping and the high one was 500 firm on Google plus shipping.
Turns out too, that the 8 stones in it are real rubies and I guess
even though cheaper cabachons, they are word more than what I paid for
the entire thing.

Not a bad day at the Antique Store I think!

PS If anyone is from this area and a sports collector, I saw three
bats which would be nice for display. I didn't know the players who'd
signed the bats, but they were all game used bats that belonged to
those specific players (two had their numbers on the handle and their
last names carved professionally in the bat). Anyway, the names were
Kelly Paris, David Griffin and either Larry or Casey Owen. They were
cheap (18 bucks a piece); so if you are interested.............. in
addition, there was a signed Disney large poster but inscribed to
someone; it appeared to be signed by a woman voice artist named June
something I think. There was another country band signed item (not
into country and forget the group but authentic from what I could
discern). But if you do go there, skip the first aisle with the
cases; that guy has some bad stuff mixed in with the good.