how about this joke..
barefoot
2008-04-02 01:45:09 UTC
apparently, even anthony daniels told him that the autographs on the
star wars poster were fake, and they called anthony a liar...

http://www.neautograph.com/

but look at them all...almost every autograph on EVERY poster is at
the same slant.
barefoot
2008-04-02 01:47:04 UTC
could this site be included on your x list sue?
Sue H
2008-04-02 02:15:08 UTC
I'll think about it; I haven't listed sites. I need to do a lot more
research for them first before even considering. However, that
Daniels is indeed bad and the least of the worries on that poster.
Peter Cushing? Give me a break and if anyone had a REAL Cushing and
Guinness on something like that not dedicated with other sigs, that
price would have another digit in it....

First glance at the Potter poster didn't look good but I gotta look at
it better tomorrow; my contacts are too dry and clouded now....

Sue H
2008-04-02 02:15:51 UTC
PS If Jack Purvis had signed this alone even and was legit, I'd of had
bought that poster already. I've been after his signature for over 12
years!

Sue H
Mr Black
2008-04-02 08:58:18 UTC
Someone please tell me this is a late april fools joke....

SW - Bad
Bond - Bad
Indy - Bad
Simpsons - Bad

MrB
--
<><><> ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996 <><><>
Sue H
2008-04-02 02:25:32 UTC
Man, if that site was real, I'd be on there spending a fortune. I'd be
owning that Bon Jovi, the Zeppelin, the Labrynth, Troy, Potter, SW,
Pirates, Family Guy (SW one), and a couple others. BUt alas, the site
is crap. Who owns it?
barefoot
2008-04-02 06:06:23 UTC
this guy has everything...it's pretty obvious it's the same guy doing
the forging too as almost everything has the exact same slant to the
signatures (on every different poster) and pretty much the same
markers. (many autographs are the exact same size too)
like i said, the star wars poster is listed on daniels website under
the dark side, and the guy got ahold of daniels and called him a liar,
then sent in a pic of daniels signing a photo from like 15 years ago.
i hope other people are starting to see this kind of thing. i just
hope the little education that i can give out, helps.
mike
Bill Plenge
2008-04-02 10:44:14 UTC
Post by barefoot
this guy has everything...it's pretty obvious it's the same guy doing
the forging too as almost everything has the exact same slant to the
signatures (on every different poster) and pretty much the same
markers. (many autographs are the exact same size too)
like i said, the star wars poster is listed on daniels website under
the dark side, and the guy got ahold of daniels and called him a liar,
then sent in a pic of daniels signing a photo from like 15 years ago.
i hope other people are starting to see this kind of thing. i just
hope the little education that i can give out, helps.
mike
Isn't that alone a red flag? Having everything -- or too much of the
exceptional stuff. I like the Superman poster, signed by Brando and Reeves
(and others) for $165.
Sue H
2008-04-02 14:10:42 UTC
When I first looked, the Daniels sig I zoomed too (his is pretty
obvious though a few people have done a fairly decent job forging) but
this one was obvious as were a couple others I could make out. Also
there are other red flags. I saw that Daniels photo too; people need
to learn that any photo of a celeb does not count. But a photo of
them signing the exact item can be studied; plus if you save other
things to go with it,you can prove he was there and you were... ignore
phtoos like this. There's not even a poster in the photo!

and you are right. Half these posters, as I was looking at them had
rare names, names of deceased people etc. The forgers train of
thought: :Everyone wants this for their collection. The newbie or
dealer hunter's thought: "WOW I can get that for my collection and
cheap!" that's a dangerous mix...

It's up to people with a little more common sense and experience to
help those newbies and people who can't see past dollar signs.
(and others) for $165.
barefoot
2008-04-02 17:31:38 UTC
well, too much exceptional stuff isn't a red flag. there's lots of
dealers out there willing to pay the collectors high prices so they
only have high end stuff. in many cases, it's slow to sell because
the dealers put an even higher cost on the stuff...
but at the same time, to have a lot of high end group items, yes,
that's a huge red flag...it takes YEARS to even come close to
completing these items...even though i worked an x men 1 and x men 2
poster at both of their respective premieres, i just now finished my x
men 1 poster and still need a few people on the x men2...i have a
ocean's 11 poster still missing bernie mac (of all people)..obviously
star wars and lord of the rings are never finished and never will be,
even though i have more than 30 people on them. i have a terminator 1
poster with just linda hamilton, arnold schwarzenegger, jim cameron
and michael biehn (basically the main cast) and i wouldn't dare let it
go for less than $1000. that's the other problem, once you are done
with them, parting with them...i don't think anyone would offer me
more than $300 for my xmen poster.
godfather, well, everyone knows how tough brando was. simpson's
poster, you could finish at the premiere. same with grindhouse. but
once these movies are out in the market, and you start the
posters...it's an ongoing thing..and the posters better be a little
chewed on the sides from going in and out of poster tubes all the time
to try and get people on them.
you can get like a rocky poster done...but what about deceased
people...this guy has deceased people on quite a few of his
posters...that's even another problem.
now, if you have group items AND they are cheap, well then, MAJOR red
flags have to go up.
Sue H
2008-04-02 17:36:26 UTC
Anyone who's a real deal seller will know the value of stuff and
research and know what's going on in the autograph world. It's like
that with ANY business? If you are an electrician, you know what's new
in code and if you are a babysitter you know what going rates are and
if you are into autographs, you know who's deceased, rare and what
prices they fetch. So the word of the day is "BEWARE" because this
guy is the epitome of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

and you are right. It takes sometimes many months or years to complete
items. Mostly years. I know people working on posters for more than
10 years! Even if you live in Hollywood, to get some of those sigs he
has, he'd have to have connections. If he's THAT high connected, he
certainly doesn't need to make a living selling 165 dollar posters~

flags have to go up.
barefoot
2008-04-02 18:15:28 UTC
yep yep
barefoot
2008-04-04 05:37:50 UTC
by the way, you know how i found these guys???
there's a series of adverts on the right hand side of this page...
the company has already changed it's web address. but they are still
here...it said "autograph movie poster."