In case this didn't work the first time
2008-06-24 16:37:03 UTC
I made a post, didn't see it work so am redoing...

A Banner day I guess.
Purchase arrived: Margaret Thatcher signed Easton Press book
Also another Star Wars Artist: George Perez (for those interested, I
have more than 35 autographs to post hopefully this evening from this
weeks haul).

In persons:
Mark May (2nd year I got him) (Washington Redskins)
Roger Brown (3rd year running) (Detroit Lions)
Lee Smith (ditto but this time got him to sign a rookie card) (Chicago
Cubs)
Luis Tiant (ditto; he signed an early card from 1972) (Boston Red Sox)
Darryl Dawkings (wasn't there last year but was year prior) (NJ Nets)
Shaun King (Tampa Bay Buckaneers)
Ickey Woods (Cincinnati Bengals)

Of note: Anyone from this area; they'll all be at Roger Brown's
tonight. They let us know! Also, if you have a chance to meet Ickey
Woods, don't mention the Ickey Shuffle. He doesn't want to do it or
be asked about it. All were were chatty and funny and joking around
with us; Darryl Dawkins you'd think would've been the tallest but
there was a cop walking around 7' tall.

TTM successes on the other group.
b***@yahoo.com
2008-06-24 18:35:48 UTC
i remember trying to get margaret thatcher in a hotel (the arizona
biltmore) more than 10 years ago, i was within 10 feet and said "ms.
thatcher" and by the time i got another word out of my mouth, i was in
the ground with a very large man having his knee in my back, holding
me down until she was out of the lobby (all i had was an index card,
u2 was staying at the same hotel- got all of them)...
mike
Sue H
2008-06-25 13:24:58 UTC
Well I am not sure if she has the equivalent of secret service after
her term ended, but probably so. I would say if you tried her during
her term, then no way were you getting one!

U2 would be hard. You got Bono?

mike
b***@yahoo.com
2008-06-26 23:07:59 UTC
gotten bono, quite a few times over the years...he signed several days
ago.
mike