Obama Rally
2008-10-04 19:25:35 UTC
If any of you are watching CNN, you'll see where we just were.

We left the house and hour and a half before they said they'd even
let people in the park. However by that time, there were probably 6-7
THOUSAND people already in lines forming about 6-8 blocks away. We
got inside the barricaded area but maybe 10 or more thousand more did
not get in. I can't believe how many people were there. It was
totally insane.

No, we did not get graphs. He didn't come near anyone.
secret service came to the gate and told us not to have a phone or
camera or anything in our hands and not to touch him if he came over.
He didn't come near us but we left early and did not see him leave (I
hadn't eaten in nearly 24 hours and wanted to go.). Some things to
note; the volunteers are the only ones to get even closer (they get to
sit in the bleachers). The bad part? There was no food or drinks
available or allowed. Later, they started passing out water. A mere
15-20 minutes before Obama spoke. People were passing out left and
right.... and squeezing together. So if you go to these rallies, you
should volunteer; if you do, you get a little better than we did.

they did not allow signs. But some were SOLD there! That's insane.

We did get photos and video; and we've got a decent camera, so they
should come out good. I'll have them online probably tomorrow
probably on my myspace page I guess (I don't see it fitting into the
family site or or the autograph site). That is"
http://www.myspace.com/dahoov2
NoAce
2008-10-04 20:55:55 UTC
Post by Sue H
[...]
No grafs,I mean grass...shoot...I mean graphs
The lost weekend !