Ebay question....
2008-08-05 20:12:34 UTC
So, maybe someone can guide me. I made a bid on an auction and the
auction ended without the reserve being met. The person selling the
item agreed to my bid and offered me a second chance offer. I verified
it came from Ebay by going to the Ebay messages. It was true.
However, I can't figure out how to buy it. I cliked "Buy it" but
nothing happens except a new tab or window opens with the same screen.
There's nothing that says you bought it or how to pay etc.

I COULD go in and just pay pal the person and hope they send it to me,
but at least I know it's covered from Ebay so would rather have them
document it.

How the hell to you register the second chancer offer with them... is
it a problem in their system or am I missing something?

"Thanks.
Sue H
2008-08-05 21:00:59 UTC
Never mind I went on Ebay chat and gave up. They all thought it was a
scam (it wasn't though). I just decided to screw it and bid on
another one. Ebay and the seller's loss I guess. She didn't email
fast enough as I'd of told her to relist.
"Thanks.
Calrima@aol.com
2008-08-06 17:26:30 UTC
As a seller, I have used the Second Chance Offer many times, as I
had a duplicate of the 8 x 10 from the shows I worked. If everythings
go"s right, its a win-win situation for everyone.

I get a second sale, Ebay gets more fees, and the buyer gets the
item, that they originally lost out on.

My best,
Den

Also should you wish to join Our group....
John H. Guillory
2008-08-07 07:16:15 UTC
Post by ***@aol.com
As a seller, I have used the Second Chance Offer many times, as I
had a duplicate of the 8 x 10 from the shows I worked. If everythings
go"s right, its a win-win situation for everyone.
I get a second sale, Ebay gets more fees, and the buyer gets the
item, that they originally lost out on.
Cool, so like the person who wins the item first gets the item at
the higher price, while the person who originally lost out gets the
same item at a reduced price, basically.... Damn, I hope I get 2nd
place!
Max@MGMemorabilia
2008-08-07 07:53:16 UTC
Post by John H. Guillory
Post by ***@aol.com
As a seller, I have used the Second Chance Offer many times, as I
had a duplicate of the 8 x 10 from the shows I worked. If everythings
go"s right, its a win-win situation for everyone.
I get a second sale, Ebay gets more fees, and the buyer gets the
item, that they originally lost out on.
Cool, so like the person who wins the item first gets the item at
the higher price, while the person who originally lost out gets the
same item at a reduced price, basically.... Damn, I hope I get 2nd
place!
You can see it like that or you can see it like the original buyer paid what
he was willing to pay for the item and the second chance offer winner got it
at the price they were willing to pay for it,
Sue H
2008-08-07 14:16:26 UTC
And I think it might be a little different now; while Chris has done
that in the past, I went in and was reading the rules and Ebay has
rules regarding this now. You can only off second chance offers
through Ebay channels if the reserve amount wasn't met and you were
high bidder, or if the seller didn't pay or some unusual
circumstances. In read like you couldn't do it like Chris said
(unless of course you just emailed the person and told them and took
it off Ebay channels). They could still pay you via pay pal though,
but Ebay would not protect you if you bought something this way and
got ripped off.