Collecting
j***@yahoo.com
2009-04-17 19:58:56 UTC
What is the areas that you collect? I have mostly done in-persons at
Tulsa conventions, but not for the last couple of years. There are two
specialty stores in Tulsa, Wizards Asylum and Starbase 21, that hosted
the shows. Wizards did the Defcon (which a new one has not been hosted
in years) and Starbase does the Trek Expos. I stopped going to the
Expos because they got way too expensive for shows that seemed to lose
something in their quality. The shows were Star Trek heavy, which I
don't really collect, but they did have alternate guests that I did
collect.
Sue H
2009-04-18 00:53:04 UTC
More will respond by going to our group ... if you'd like email me and
I'll send you the link.

I've answered this question before but here goes:
Swarovski small animals (only some not too many); only collect if I
can find ones cheap enough! They're too expensive!

Trinket Boxes with "George and Martha" or "Courting" scenes (Limoges
etc); also china with that on it too; stopped collecting. Would like
to get rid of at least half.

Hot Wheels promos items and cereal toys stopped collecting would like
to get rid of

Posters Only collect if FREE or signed

Trading card promos only collect if FREE but would like to get rid of

Star Wars Ornaments Stopped collecting would like to get rid of

Star Wars Bookmarks Stopped collecting would like to get rid of

Signed books No more room so selective now

autographs of course; in person when opportunity presents but majority
by mail and some purchases

Art recently...though I've no more room to it's done..

Nature collection of various things like a couple fossils, arrowheads,
crystals, stones, shells and a dinosaur egg (odd things like that)

DVD's... have just a handful to get rid of only collect my all time
favorite films.

I realize tastes change and if I could find a better place than Ebay
(everything there sells either too cheap); I'd love to get rid of
stuff. Garage sale to cheap too. I'd love to find a consignment
shop; maybe i'll set up a booth at a swap meet or something!.
collect.
pe2
2009-04-19 17:57:54 UTC
Sue-

Try our local trading post. the green paper in 7-11.

I moved some racing 1/64 diecast that had been collecting dust. A NAVY guy
spotted the ad and bought all of them for 75$. I'm sure there was some that
was worth a few, but I took loss, just to move them.

Happy Hunting-
pe2
Sue H
2009-04-19 18:51:33 UTC
Yeah, I am thinking of renting server space and buying shopping cart
software and starting my own store. I don't know. The problem with
Ebay is if your items don't sell, you're having to not only keep
spending money to relist but also all that work over and over. If you
have a store, you can keep on forever, selling little bits off at a
time. I have probably a couple hundred items I'd like to start with!
Just yesterday I took a shelf down that had about 20 pieces of Avon
and home interiors porcelain figurines. At the time, some were
heftily priced. Sad part is you see them now on Ebay for like 99
cents! One I remember paying 35-45 bucks for way back! They touted
them as "collectible" and they're still very pretty and well done
(quality) but sell for 2.99-4.99! LOL I might just end up giving it
up.... having a garage sale. I don't know!

All this wanting to not buy anymore stuff and clean out because I got
a tankless water heater and reclaimed some space in my house. geesh
pe2
2009-04-18 19:20:30 UTC
Hey John-

I collect the "Dukes Of Hazzard", signed items from the original cast, not
the garbage movie. I also do TAGS (The Andy Griffith Show), TVland Stars,
and sports-mainly NFL/MLB/NWA-wrestling stars from the 80's. Some Music, and
some Star Wars as well.

Varied in collecting, but still haven't met Paul McCartney yet!!!

Happy Hunting-
pe2
Autograph Collector
2009-04-19 05:15:24 UTC
Speaking of TV Land I'll be heading to Universal Studios Sunday for
the taping of the 2009 TV Land Awards. I'll be working the Red Carpet
for a San Diego newspaper. Since I'll be "media" asking for autographs
is considered unprofessional but occasionally the opportunity presents
itself but I'll settle for a few photo "ops".

I mostly collect in-person stuff and hate to pay. I've been attending
the San Diego Comic Con for the past 25 years or so.

Pete S.