accidental in person
Terry
2008-09-05 19:55:34 UTC
My wife and I volunteered at a huge wine festival last night. As we were
unloading hundreds of wine glasses from a mini van, I heard a voice behind
me say "let me help you with those" I turned around and it was Sam Roberts
from the Sam Roberts Band. (HUGE in Canada)
He turned to his buddies and told them to grab a bunch of boxes. They all
signed an empty box of wine glasses for me.
Gummby3
2008-09-05 21:01:20 UTC
I've never had an accidental success. Congrats. :-)
--
Mike
Gummby3
KC
2008-09-06 03:30:51 UTC
Cool guy eh. 2 years ago, we were at the Juno Cup in Prince Albert. It was
the rockers vs the nhlers. No one had a sharpie for autographs. Sam was at
the glass willing to sign but no one had anything. I tapped on the glass
and showed him the marker. He motioned to throw it over the glass. I had
nothing to get signed but had the sharpie, some ladies had extra programs so
I said if I can have one, he can have my sharpie. So I threw it over the
glass, some 20 feet with mesh. So he signed the first one and gave it threw
the glass. He signed in his hockey stuff for at least 30 mins after the
game. Then on the red carpet the sun of the Junos, we were first row and I
held out Sam's CD, he walked right to us, signed it and thanked me for
buying it. I told him I was the guy who gave him the sharpie on fri, he
laughed and said; "so i owe you a sharpie" I said we were cool and he
walked off. So Sam Roberts a great guy, great signer and singer but stole
my sharpie! Where were you guys for the festival?
Terry
Sue H