would you pay for a meet and greet?
2008-11-14 01:28:52 UTC
Was wondering what everyone thought of paying for meet and greets
after shows? Would you pay? If so, how much and what would you
expect?
pe2
2008-11-14 01:58:25 UTC
I would do it for under $50, but I think nowadays-a few of the artists
include this in their fan club prices. Tom Wopat is one example. If you
belong to his fan club, and he comes here to Norfolk-it automatically allows
you to a meet and greet with him, you just have to contact his people.

Kiss is another example. even if you blong to their fan club-i believe you
still have to pay $$$$$ to meet and greet before the shows, but at a reduced
rate. Kiss meet and greets include photo ops, autographs and them in full
make up. Never been to one, but read this on their website.

And I'm doing meet and greet with Ric Flair Saturday night in Norfolk. $75
includes a ringside seat to the show! Woooo!

Happy hunting-
pe2
Sue H
2008-11-14 03:13:23 UTC
Robin Williams is coming and has one but it's way expensive for us.
It'd be like 800 bucks for two passes to the show and a meet and
greet. you get a Tshirt, 8x10 and photo with him. I think in his hey
day would be worth it and I do like him (he's really very talented)
but that's a few deniro! Also passing on the Eagles tickets. They
are 201.00 each. I think it's quite expensive.
pe2
Craig
2008-11-14 14:33:28 UTC
Sue:

I have done this a couple of times. With KISS when it was still 3/4s
of the original bvand. It was pricey but if you are a die hard fan it
was worth it. I got the picture I always wanted with the band in make
up, front row seats, tons of 'graphs, and to ask questions, plus you
always get a goody bag. With KISS this is usually a signed toubook.
I also did it with Alice Cooper once, even though I didn't need to. I
just wanted to get the "swag". I am planning on doing the KISS
package again this summer as you get to go to soundcheck, too. If you
are a fan who can afford it the packages are limited in size so you
get some 1:1 time with the performer and extras. I know Lisa
Lampanelli and Larry the Cable Guy do it free for fan club members, as
do Cheap Trick (sporadically) and Queensryche to name a few. ZZ Top
did it this year for $250, as do Cheech and Chong. Hope this answers
at least a litle of your question. Wish me luck, it's a big 'graph
getting day here!

Craig
expect? �
Sue H
2008-11-14 16:37:40 UTC
I want to do it, but I'm in the process of buying a PC for hubby,
plane tickets for my mother, an expensive camera and a new expensive
fridge.. so something's gotta give! unless I can win the lottery. I
just think it's too much in a way. I noticed they are starting to get
too rushed... in and out and you feel like cattle. And it's getting
more expensive; rather than less. It's like everything else where
your money doesn't go far these days!

Good luck! May the graphs be with you!
expect? ?
Terry
2008-11-14 15:39:49 UTC
Post by Sue H
Was wondering what everyone thought of paying for meet and greets
after shows? Would you pay? If so, how much and what would you
expect?
I've never done it with anybody and I have no desire to. (I'm talking about
meet and greets, don't forget). the only person I would pay to see is Alice
but I think even his prices are way out of line. Craig, save me some money
and call me next concert LOL.

Terry