In Person Successes and Failures
Craig
2008-09-07 00:53:58 UTC
Today I hit the trail to try and get members of Journey, Heart and
Cheap Trick. I figured I Never met Heart and I would give it a try.
When I got to the hotel I got Rick Nielsen right away coming in from
the mall. He only did one per for the three of us. Tom Petersson
came out to go shopping and signed all the two of us left had. Then
the wait came and Neil Schon from Ojurney fianlly ventured out. He
signed anything we gave him and posed for photos. He was cool. His
wife even suggested we pose in front of on the of the giant
Guitarmania guitars with Neil. Then the disappointment started!
Heart blew us off. Security ran out yelling at us and telling us to
leave with the girls close behind who jumped on thier bus without
giving us as much as a wave. I waclose to Nancy and said I was a fan
club member she brushed her hair back and kept on. (Now I will be a
FORMER fan club member) Then Cheap Trick came out shortly after and
pretty much waved us all off. I walked up to the van door, God
forbid, and asked Bun E. to sign astick. He said no and hotel staff
told me if I put one foot on the sidewalk they would call police. The
other three came out with security telling them no so they just got in
the van. I finally gave up and as I was leaving I noticed mall
security come up and make a phone call. As I was leaving the police
arrived to tell the five other 'graph seekers across the street they
could not be there with no real reason. I had had enough and was
already on my way to the car. My collector friend called and filled
me in. Also forgot to mention that Jerry Lawler was in the mall. I
ran to my car and got an action figure. I tracked him down and he was
shopping for belts with crowns on them. He was making a choice and I
told him he should go with the gold. He laughed and said he would get
that one then. Other people started to recognize him so I figured i
would ask him to sign the figure, which he gladly did. Heasked how I
knew he would be there and I reminded him he did an appearance in town
the night before and I figured he would be around today since the pay
per view is tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post butI wanted to do some justice to the whole
day. LOL Thanks for looking.

Craig
Sue H
2008-09-07 01:29:58 UTC
Very cool Craig. I am surprised about all the negatives (excpet for
Robin Zander - I am assuming when you said Cheap Trick said no you
meant all but Rick; who signed for you). I am surprised to hear about
Ann and Nancy, Neal is always nice so I hear... Journey has been kind
every time I've seen them.

I am pretty surprised to hear about the police and threats from hotel.
My guess is they were either rogue (protecting their customers) or
were asked to by managers etc.

Not familiar with Lawler (wrestler?)... but congrats.
Craig
Gummby3
2008-09-07 05:48:44 UTC
Nothing wrong with long posts. At least your on topic. :-) I'm glad
to see more people attempting to take the group back for what it was
founded for and ignoring the others.
--
Mike
Gummby3