In Person Success and TTM (sorta) Success
Craig
2009-04-22 21:29:27 UTC
Today I was lucky enough to meet up with Todd Rundgren at the airport
on his way in for a show. He saw the four of us standing in baggage
waiting and walked over. He saw we each had a stack and said "I ain't
signing all that...that ain't my job. Pick a few of your favorites."
He kept talking to us and signed everything we had just rotating back
and forth between us. He also posed for pics. He was great! Also
got his drummer Prarie Prince on a giant drumstick and also on some
Tubes stuff. While he was signing I overheard the female guitar
player (who no one cares about) say "I guess we'll be doing THIS all
day!" Jealousy... Finally got TR mainstay Kasim Sulton to sign the TR/
Utopia LPs he was on. Drew Carey was leaving town and I didn't know
he would be there. Missed a photo op with him by no more than 2
minutes!

When I returned home I found a "care package" from group member pe2
with my two signed Dusty Rhodes figures and signed book. Wanted to
send a huge THANKS out to him for the help.

Good Luck,
Craig
pe2
2009-04-22 23:54:50 UTC
Craig-

Glad you got the package safe and sound! Yellow polka dots RULE!!!!!

pe2
Sue H
2009-04-23 12:31:48 UTC
Great report (might be more exciting to join our group... email me).

But I wonder,... is it his job? Hehe; they should have a "job
description" when they sign on the contract with their
agencies,managers or whatnot that x amount of autographs and being
nice to the fans (unless the fans are crappy to them) is part of their
job description. However, I can see if they stopped everywhere for
everyone signing, they'd have NO time at all in life for anything
else. So there has to be limits.

Congrats and cool on the collection of large drumsticks (love that)
Craig
pe2
2009-04-23 20:08:22 UTC
Yep, sounded like jealousy from the guitar player.

The younger folks have to learn when they're working with a veteran like
Rundgren, he is going to have a larger fan base, and will probably have to
wait on many more occasions like this one!!! So get used to it,
girlie....LOL!!!! (Sorry-just had to!).

Happy hunting-
pe2