In Persons today
Craig
2008-08-06 18:04:48 UTC
The RNR Fantasy Camp was in town today. I caught everyone I wanted on
the way to breakfast and they were all GREAT! If I had the $2K to
blow I would attend. I got the following:

Elliott Easton of the Cars- signed Cars debut LP and Candy-O tourbook
which he was very impressed with.

Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple signed an LP.

Mark Hudson signed a Hudson Brothers 8x10 and Hysteical DVD. He was
really cool, rainbow beard and all.

Chris Slade signed two Manfred Mann LPs, a Firm LP, and a 36"
drumstick to which he added AC/DC.

Dave Ellefson of Megadeth signed a trading card and two LPs.

Mark Slaughter remembered me from high school and told me I could come
in for breakfast with them but I didn't feel right as the other people
had paid 2 grand to be there! LOL I had him sign a photo of us
together, a couple of CDs and a Vinnie Vincent promo 45.

Gilby Clark of GNR and Earl Slick of Bowie were there but I didn't
need them.

This was my morning and I was done by 10AM! I got photos with Chris
Slade and Mark Hudson (which is the one I really wanted). Mark
Slaughter took them for me. At one time I was with four them
together. They took all my stuff, laid it on a table and signed,
which I thought added a touch of personal service.

Craig
Sue H
2008-08-06 19:00:09 UTC
Wow cool story. Great stuff and I've never heard of the camp. 2k is
a bit pricy and if I was invited, I might go (hey it is cool they
offered and you knew someone from high school). Nobody I went to
school with I don't think became famous enough to give graphs.

Craig
2008-08-06 20:18:07 UTC
Actually Sue, anyone can go to any of the dates in the world as long
as they want to cough up the cash! LOL I went early hoping to catch
them on the way and I did. I heard they weren't as accessible this
afternoon.

pe2
2008-08-07 00:19:39 UTC
Very NIce Craig! -m.